*** Newbie Alert! ***

I've just arrived home with my new Storm2 from Telus. Still having trouble with activation (long story). I've been able to register on my WiFi network at home but am not able to connect to anything via the browser. Probably related to activation problem.

My question is about one of the indicators at the top of the screen. Just under the WiFi symbol there is an icon, a small circle with a cross through it and three right parentheses of increasing size. I suspect this is an indicator of WiFi signal strength, but I can find nothing in the documentation to confirm or deny this. When I check the WiFi analyzer, it tells me that my signal strength is -38 dBm and that I'm getting a connections speed of 48 Mbps.

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

David Baril
    Almonte, ON
    12-18-09 10:33 PM
    That icon you speak of, is for GPS lol. That means GPS is on.
    12-18-09 10:38 PM
    That was my next guess! Thanks!
    12-19-09 01:29 PM
    *** Newbie Alert! ***

I've just arrived home with my new Storm2 from Telus. Still having trouble with activation (long story). I've been able to register on my WiFi network at home but am not able to connect to anything via the browser. Probably related to activation problem.

My question is about one of the indicators at the top of the screen. Just under the WiFi symbol there is an icon, a small circle with a cross through it and three right parentheses of increasing size. I suspect this is an indicator of WiFi signal strength, but I can find nothing in the documentation to confirm or deny this. When I check the WiFi analyzer, it tells me that my signal strength is -38 dBm and that I'm getting a connections speed of 48 Mbps.

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

David Baril
    Almonte, ON
    Your signal strength indicator is under "Services Status" option

- Manage connections
    - Services Status
    - WiFi Network {{{i}}}

Shows your signal strength.
    Last edited by bradbogy; 12-19-09 at 02:49 PM.
    12-19-09 02:46 PM
    Your signal strength indicator is under "Services Status" option

- Manage connections
    - Services Status
    - WiFi Network {{{i}}}

Shows your signal strength.
    It is difficult to see but that's correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD