Im trying to set up my wi fi through my home router. Im doing everything right through the wifi setup and when i press enter it says W000:security key incorrect......i know the password is correct. Please help!!
    02-22-11 10:55 PM
    dont know whats wrong - mine works fine with the password I have. Did you try resetting your password on your home router to make sure it's the right one?
    02-22-11 11:23 PM
    Double check your security key. You can use any number of freeware out there that will recover your security key. I had the same issue entering my key when I set up my BB. it wasn't the code that I thought it was. You can also get it by logging into your router and checking the security settings.
    02-23-11 08:30 AM
    Does the 8700 have the easy connection button? You'll find it in wifi setup and other ways to connect. If your router doesn't have the button on the outside of the case you can log into it and it should have one in there where you setup the wifi. Undoubtly you either have different types of encryption or using wrong key. This way will auto connect for you. Let us know how it goes.
    02-24-11 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD