hi guys,

i am currently using the bold 9700 after upgrading from the 9000. almost a year and no problems however last night i noticed my phone wasnt connecting to the wifi anymore and the light kept grey and not white, fiddled around with the settings and still nothing so i read up some posts and suggestions by other members over here, and in the process even the EDGE service got disrupted and i couldnt send or receive data. I wiped the data clean and restored the data however wifi still doesnt work and now my email options are missing and i still cannot send or receive any data on the EDGE service.

Somebody please help ?

Thanks in advance.
    11-26-10 04:17 AM
    Resend your service books and update your Host Routing Table. Always the best place to start in any situation like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rootbrian likes this.
    11-26-10 05:47 PM
    Andiio has the best advice to follow. That's also what I would do in a situation like that.
    11-26-10 06:37 PM
    Resend your service books and update your Host Routing Table?? how do i do that?
    would this help me my problem? i cant setup my email account, when i go to email settings it jus says problems connecting to your server, and i cant do it on my computer as it suggests i do it via my device.. tho my internet works? plz help
    12-12-10 06:10 PM
    Since you can't resend the service books by using your phone or PC, give your carrier a call and have them resend the Service Books. As for the Host Routing Tables, you can find them in Options>Advanced Options. Once you have them displayed, menu>register now. Hope this helps.

12-13-10 12:15 AM
    hi guys, called up my carrier Vodafone and had them re sent the service books and re sett my account and that did it though the wifi signal still doesn't work but atleast im able to send receive emails and data on the BB plan. it baffles me that my wifi/bb plan option was working well till a month ago and now wifi just wont turn on even though i havent made any changes anywhere on the phone or the wifi. thanks for the help guys.
    12-16-10 05:57 AM
    hi guys, called up my carrier Vodafone and had them re sent the service books and re sett my account and that did it though the wifi signal still doesn't work but atleast im able to send receive emails and data on the BB plan. it baffles me that my wifi/bb plan option was working well till a month ago and now wifi just wont turn on even though i havent made any changes anywhere on the phone or the wifi. thanks for the help guys.
    Did you try a simple battery pull and hard reset to start? Sometimes software gets a glitch here or there and needs a good reset to reboot and rearrange itself... In the past I have also had to occasionally 'delete' a wifi profile, then reboot my device and 're-locate and save' the profile back into my 9700. Not a common occurrence, but it has happened to me. In the past year, I have also had to reboot my router for a wifi problem at home... can't explain it, but I kept dropping the signal for no reason, so I unplugged and rebooted the router, and all was good again. Just a few things to try, good luck
    12-16-10 07:12 AM
    Did you try a simple battery pull and hard reset to start? Sometimes software gets a glitch here or there and needs a good reset to reboot and rearrange itself... In the past I have also had to occasionally 'delete' a wifi profile, then reboot my device and 're-locate and save' the profile back into my 9700. Not a common occurrence, but it has happened to me. In the past year, I have also had to reboot my router for a wifi problem at home... can't explain it, but I kept dropping the signal for no reason, so I unplugged and rebooted the router, and all was good again. Just a few things to try, good luck
    Yes Joe, i did the battery pull quite a few times actually and even deleted the profile and re configured it etc., but still not working so sort of gave up on it. Also noticed a weird phenomenon which didnt occur previously, if u have fb on ur phone then if wifi is on itll use wifi rightly but if wifi was not available or switched off it even though it has the option of bb unlmtd internet service it would say no network connection. A lot of weird teething issues cropping up so i decided to keep wifi off permanently.
    12-16-10 07:48 AM
    Have you tried WiFi at a different location/different router? That would isolate the problem to either your device or your router.

12-16-10 08:24 AM
    I had a similar problem with mine - it wouldn't connect to the wi-fi for at least 2 days, although the wi-fi network was recognised. I tried everything i could think of, i.e. battery pulls, software reinstalls etc. eventually I gave up and just left it. the following day when I woke up, it had connected by itself and has been 95% ok every since. It is really frustrating, but it may just cure itself. Fingers crossed for you.
    12-16-10 01:42 PM
    I had a similar problem with mine - it wouldn't connect to the wi-fi for at least 2 days, although the wi-fi network was recognised. I tried everything i could think of, i.e. battery pulls, software reinstalls etc. eventually I gave up and just left it. the following day when I woke up, it had connected by itself and has been 95% ok every since. It is really frustrating, but it may just cure itself. Fingers crossed for you.
    haha, blackberry and its apparent "period(s)".. thanks, lets hope so.
    12-16-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD