01-28-11 06:55 PM
59 123
tools
    I use WiFi when I travel to different countries to BBM with my peeps back home.
    01-27-11 11:08 AM
    I used it for the first time the other day to connect to my wifi network at home and dont really see what's the big deal. If there is a signifigant difference in speed when using the browser I certainly didnt notice.

I've seen several members here state that wifi is a must have option, but how important is it? What can u do with wifi that you cant do over your 3g/4g network?
    It's not a deal breaker for me but it definitely comes in handy. Tmobile's network is crappy in certain rooms in my house so UMA is definitely a life saver. Calls over wifi are horrible though so but at least my phone rings and i can just move to an area with better reception.

I see a lot of folks write that data is faster over wifi but reverse is the case for me. There isn't a significant difference(maybe 1-2 seconds) in speed but things definitely load faster for me when i'm on 3G.

It also comes in handy if you have a limited data plan.

My take on it is, if u have similar features on a phone with wifi being the only significant difference, might as well go for the wifi. If there are other major differences in specs with the better phone not having wifi, i would get the non-wifi device
    01-27-11 02:08 PM
    Absolutely! If I am somewhere with poor signal or where I'm roaming, it is a must. At work, I'm in the ground floor of a large concrete building. Wifi is a must there.
    01-27-11 03:45 PM
    Wifi is definately a deal breaker since my cinderblock house get poor coverage. Wifi allows me to do everything quick wothout worry and when I'm in Mexico I use only wifi and don't worry about getting extra charges for roaming etc.
    01-27-11 07:50 PM
    There are some apps that won't work over the mobile network, only wifi. That's my main reason for needing it.
    01-27-11 08:22 PM
    If you travel out of urban areas lots and you're in areas with spotty or zero cell coverage, it's nice to be able to access data from a remote Wi-Fi hotspot.
    01-27-11 08:47 PM
    I say yes.
    01-27-11 11:04 PM
    I used it for the first time the other day to connect to my wifi network at home and dont really see what's the big deal. If there is a signifigant difference in speed when using the browser I certainly didnt notice.

I've seen several members here state that wifi is a must have option, but how important is it? What can u do with wifi that you cant do over your 3g/4g network?
    Depending on who you ask, you're liable to get 2 diff answers. "Yeah, it works great and it's a must have I leave it on all the time." Or "I don't really see any diff in speed and I rarely turn it on". I'm in the 2nd group. I don't see any diff in the speed of various wifi networks I've tried and my verizon 3G. Do I need wifi. Absolutely, I used it today when for whatever reason my 3G fell to 1X. Also can come in very handy I've found while in some remote hotels that had no phone signal, but wifi aplenty. And, Cruise ships ports of call,free hotspots, European vacations for free wifi in coffe houses, etc. The list goes on. So, I'm in favor of wifi on any phone I have, it's a requirement actually.
    Last edited by cbreze; 01-28-11 at 12:44 AM.
    01-28-11 12:41 AM
    I had the 8900 (which has WiFi) and honestly I've NEVER used it. Granted, I never traveled abroad with it or did anything with it that needed WiFi.
    01-28-11 06:55 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD