Hi guys,
    I typed in search for "wifi help" and didn't get what I needed...

My g/f just got an 8900 and doesn't have data (yet) ... I hooked it up to our wifi and it says "at&t - xxxxxx" which is the network name. So, when I go into the browser it shows up edge on the right (wifi is on).

The question is, how do i ensure that she's utilizing the wifi and not going to be charged for going on at&t data. I have had my bold for a while w/ Data so never really surf with wifi..

Thanks CB
    -Leor
    07-03-09 11:58 PM
    Does it show up EDGE or edge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:30 AM
    If you use Browser, I don't think it'll let you use AT&T's kb's or whatever. It needs a BB data plan to work so avoid MEdia Net. So, firstly, go to Options > Mobile Network > Data Services, set this to off. Then go into Browser > press BB/menu button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser, set this to Hotspot Browser.
    07-04-09 12:35 AM
    If you use Browser, I don't think it'll let you use AT&T's kb's or whatever. It needs a BB data plan to work so avoid MEdia Net. So, firstly, go to Options > Mobile Network > Data Services, set this to off. Then go into Browser > press BB/menu button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser, set this to Hotspot Browser.
    Um, no ... it is not going to work if you turn Data Services off then WiFi will not work either.

You do need to do this:

Browser > BB button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser = Hotspot

and also:

Browser > BB button > Options > General Properties > Browser = Hotspot
    07-04-09 12:38 AM
    Um, no ... it is not going to work if you turn Data Services off then WiFi will not work either.

You do need to do this:

Browser > BB button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser = Hotspot

and also:

Browser > BB button > Options > General Properties > Browser = Hotspot
    Whoops, you're right. I thought that the data services off was only a network thing since it was under Mobile Network options... Oh well, you live and you learn.
    07-04-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD