Ok I'm on T-Mobile and have an unlimited data plan. I decided to try WiFi just for the heck of it. I set my network to WiFi preferred and have UMA now showing on my phone. The internet seems faster but my calls are still using min. I have plenty of min so its no biggie but I was skeptical about WiFi handling calls so I checked my min right before and right after the call. Any suggestions?? Maybe my home router can't handle the data I'm just curious.
    10-23-08 09:12 AM
    Unless you have the $10 per month wi-fi @ home plan add on, it will still deduct from your minutes. If you find yourself using wi-fi a lot the 10 spot is worth it as the all wi-fi calls are then free.
    10-23-08 09:16 AM
    Oh ok sounds good. I doubt I'll pay the extra 10 bucks as I have plenty of min. Thanks for your answer. I guess I do have one more question and that is, is the internet faster or is that just wishful thinking on my part?? I really believe that my connection seemed faster than the EDGE network on T-MO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 09:45 AM
    Wifi Diagnostics will show your connection speed. Mine is typically 48 Mbps, comparable to fast network speeds.

EDGE is comparable to a fast dial up modem, nearly an order of magnitude slower. It shows up in Internet Browsing, pages do render much faster.
    10-23-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks I'll check that out now.
    10-23-08 11:47 AM
    I have a BB-8310 with GPS..I have read the ones that comes with GPS does not have WI-FI is this true??
    on the other hand I do not see a wi-fi options on the connections all I see is mobile network, and bluetooth, so this mean that I do not have wi-fi right

11-09-08 11:24 AM
    Correct the 8310 does not have wi-fi.
    11-09-08 11:27 AM
    holy sh.....

11-09-08 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD