Signal in my house is ropey to say the least, but with my wifi connection should I get sms, mms etc if i've got no signal yet connected to my wifi. If not, then other than surfing the web via wifi, what else can I do? I'm on Vodafone UK, and its been like this from day one, so don't think its an OS problem as they've all produced the same.

Any help appreciated.
    06-17-10 01:00 PM
    I don't believe Vodafone supports UMA (that is, making calls/SMS/MMS over wifi). The only UK network that supports this is Orange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 01:13 PM
    Is your wifi logo white or grayed out?

If it's white, you are connected to BIS through wifi, if not (but the ssid shows up next to your carrier) then you are on wifi but not BIS. The way I understand it, if you're connected to BIS through wifi you can receive things like email and BBM messages, but not sms/mms.

I know there's someone on here who can give a better answer than I can, but I hope it helps.
    06-17-10 01:16 PM
    Text can only work over something that gets charged to your plan, either the wireless network or UMA via WiFi.
    06-17-10 01:21 PM
    This isn't a blackberry issue, this is an issue with your WIFI connection. The best thing you can possibly do, is to configure your router to channel 11 that makes your wifi go farther from what it seems. I had this issue as well i hardly got any signal in my room. And also make sure you don't have metal where signal is being headed because that causes interference.
    06-17-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD