i have a 8520 curve and my cell provider is Fido, what i want to know is Do i need a data plan in order to use the browser? and wifi?

when trying to access the browser this is the message i get; " unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider"

is there something wrong with my browser or do i need a data plan in order to access the browser?
    Last edited by janine8097; 06-03-10 at 01:40 AM.
    06-03-10 01:28 AM
    i have a 8520 curve and my cell provider is Fido, what i want to know is Do i need a data plan in order to use the browser? and wifi?

when trying to access the browser this is the message i get; " unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider"

is there something wrong with my browser or do i need a data plan in order to access the browser?
    It depends on the application, some apps need BIS (or data) in order to work. Some apps will work fine with just WiFi.

About the error, try going to options on your browser. Then, go to "General Properties," then change the "Default Browser" to hotspot browser. I don't know if that really works but I've read it somewhere in this forum.
    06-03-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD