How do you connnect to public WiFi with bold at hotsports (airports, train stations, strabucks etc ...NOT necessarily ATT hotspot...but any places with the WiFi logo)??

When I do the set up at home, I need my security key. Same when I set up at friends' houses.

Do you have to ask every place you go that has WiFi for their security key? Sounds lame if that's the case...

Thanks
    07-16-09 10:18 AM
    How do you connnect to public WiFi with bold at hotsports (airports, train stations, strabucks etc ...NOT necessarily ATT hotspot...but any places with the WiFi logo)??

When I do the set up at home, I need my security key. Same when I set up at friends' houses.

Do you have to ask every place you go that has WiFi for their security key? Sounds lame if that's the case...

Thanks
    Well, yeah, if they have security. But that's the point. What would be the point if people didn't have to ask? And that applies to all devices, not just your Bold. With that said, most secure public wifi spots are fee based anyway. I have yet to come across a free public hotspot that required a security code.
    07-16-09 10:21 AM
    Well, yeah, if they have security. But that's the point. What would be the point if people didn't have to ask? And that applies to all devices, not just your Bold. With that said, most secure public wifi spots are fee based anyway. I have yet to come across a free public hotspot that required a security code.
    My company pays for BOINGO (fee based secure wifi at airports, train stations etc...). Since I already have the service for my laptop (which automatically detects Boingo hotspots), can I get it also on my BB?
    07-16-09 10:40 AM
    My company pays for BOINGO (fee based secure wifi at airports, train stations etc...). Since I already have the service for my laptop (which automatically detects Boingo hotspots), can I get it also on my BB?
    I would think so, as long as you have the info you need to login.
    07-16-09 10:43 AM
    Yes, you can.
    07-16-09 10:45 AM
    Yes, you can.
    Can you please elaborate....how???
    07-16-09 11:02 AM
    Can you please elaborate....how???
    No you cant, their two seperate services. I accidentally signed up for the 9.95 monthly wifi and it wouldnt let me log in, so i called boingo and they told me i needed the 7.95 mobile phone plan, they switched it and it worked.
    07-17-09 05:30 AM
    No you cant, their two seperate services. I accidentally signed up for the 9.95 monthly wifi and it wouldnt let me log in, so i called boingo and they told me i needed the 7.95 mobile phone plan, they switched it and it worked.
    And does their service work fine on the bold. I see their mobile app for blackberys is beta. Any issues?
    07-17-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD