hey guys sorry if theres been a thread about this already... i just got my storm 2 after having the storm 1 since it came out....9 storm 1s later i got a storm 2 lol...whats exactly the point of the wifi if i have the internet plan...sorry for a noob question but u cant even make a call and go online still...
    12-16-09 08:33 PM
    You can go online and make calls if your browser is using wifi, Ive done it multiple times. Wifi is much faster than any 3g connection so if your in a wifi area, your interent will be much faster if wifi is on.
    12-16-09 08:39 PM
    It's really more of a convenience. I have WiFi at my house and at work. My BB will automatically connect when I'm in range. It speeds up my web browsing, Pandora, App World, etc., especially when 3G coverage is poor.

Stay low man.
    12-16-09 11:17 PM
    I dont ahve a very good signal at my house, but its good enough for SMS and calls. I cannot use data very well on it though. So, I have my storm 2 connected to my wifi, and then I have data all over my house (well most of it..) and I still ahve voice and all that. Also, you dont get charged for data. That doesn't matter though, because the BB data plan is unlimited..
    12-17-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD