Hey guys, I got my blackberry torch a couple days ago but I have been having trouble getting the wifi to work. Whenever I try to connect to the network it says, "Failed to associate with network".

I'm connecting using WEP and I have entered the key in correctly. So I'm not really sure what is going wrong and I don't really know my way around the troubleshooting menu very much.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    08-18-10 10:22 PM
    My wifi is great all I had to do is put the wep key in from my house and work and it works great, plus when your by any wifi place it hooks you up automatic. I love it. Check and make sure your putting the right wep key in.
    08-19-10 02:43 PM
    I had a similar issue when I first got my torch. After searching and finding my home wifi network, it failed when I put the WPA-2 key in. What I ended up doing is in the wifi setup screen, highlight the wifi profile that failed, click Edit from the BB menu, and re-typed the key. Then Save and Connect did the trick. Works fine even since.
    08-19-10 03:05 PM
    Hmm... I double checked the wep key. That didn't work. I'm thinking about driving by starbucks or somewhere with free internet and seeing if I can connect to that.

Edit: so I changed my internet security to WPA and it connected without a misshap. Does the torch just have a problem with WEP or something?
    Last edited by king of boredom; 08-19-10 at 03:54 PM.
    08-19-10 03:27 PM
    Hmm... I double checked the wep key. That didn't work. I'm thinking about driving by starbucks or somewhere with free internet and seeing if I can connect to that.

Edit: so I changed my internet security to WPA and it connected without a misshap. Does the torch just have a problem with WEP or something?
    I don't think so. My brother still uses WEP at his house and I had no problems connecting the torch.
    08-19-10 04:19 PM
    Does the torch just have a problem with WEP or something?
    Don't think so... I'm connected to one right now.
    08-19-10 04:28 PM
    Hey guys, I got my blackberry torch a couple days ago but I have been having trouble getting the wifi to work. Whenever I try to connect to the network it says, "Failed to associate with network".

I'm connecting using WEP and I have entered the key in correctly. So I'm not really sure what is going wrong and I don't really know my way around the troubleshooting menu very much.

I had the same issue what i did was go to the set up wifi network, scrolled down to the other ways to connect, and then i went to the wifi protected set up option then I chose the option press button on router, and what you do is press the button on the top of your router and click the start button on your bb and it should connect to your wifi. If you have any questions just ask!
    08-20-10 08:55 PM
    Guys try to HARD reset your routers..
    you won't regret it!
    08-20-10 10:18 PM
    hey guys i ahve prob with my bb8900 wifi i cant find network i scen network and tels me thet no network found why where is the problem i cant find network?
    09-05-10 12:47 PM
    @ allbional

what's your setting with your router?
    you or the person who set up the wireless connection in your area may have set the router to broadcast only every 30 min or 2 hours? you know what i mean? so you won't find it if it's not broadcasting.
    OR
    the set up is set for a specific amount of devices only where the Mac address has to be input on the router ( ex. 2 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 printer, 1 playstation 3)

have you tried using the phone on public wi -fi area? coffee shops? hotels?
    09-05-10 01:06 PM
    I have the same issue addressed from #1 in the list. I previously owned a BB Bold and had no problems logging into wireless at my home which is password protected WEP. My laptops are connected and my kids have no problems connecting, using the PW, to their Iphones or anyone who comes in and needs wireless. I can also use on my Ipod touch by inputting the pw. However, the Torch seems to be a different animal and I've tried most everything above except I'm not jacking with my router. It recognizes the network - I choose and input the password and get the same stinkin message every time "failed to associate with the network" - frustrated at this point would be an understatement!
    09-06-10 07:09 PM
    Yeah I'd like to resurrect this thread. I've been having an issue since day 1 with mine, the other 3 guys in my house have 9700s and an 8520 and they have no issue getting on the network. Every time, "Failed to associate with network".
    10-07-10 04:11 PM
    When mine didn't work, I messed with the settings on my router a bit. I first changed my wep security off and my torch was able to connect right away. So I figured for some reason the security was the problem and I just couldn't connect with the settings it was configured to with wep. Once I switched from wep to wpa my BB connected right away, even with security passcode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 04:26 PM
    Same issue. Always get "Failed to associate with network".

Worked fine on bold - will not work on Torch.

What is the problem here?
    10-21-10 09:51 PM
    hello all newb here. ...wow haven't said that in awhile.... lol

k so.... this is what i understand from this thread and another 1 read(sorry can't post links yet):

is i can only use my home wifi if i turn off my mobile connection but leave data on. so i can surf the web but not make/receive calls.

yes? and if true that sux. my hubby is on android but he phone can switch to our home wifi when he gets close to our building(an app he got) so he can save on data. is this possible on a BB?

thx!

oh and my info is: BB torch, virgin canada
    07-16-11 09:11 PM
    hello all newb here. ...wow haven't said that in awhile.... lol

k so.... this is what i understand from this thread and another 1 read(sorry can't post links yet):

is i can only use my home wifi if i turn off my mobile connection but leave data on. so i can surf the web but not make/receive calls.

yes? and if true that sux. my hubby is on android but he phone can switch to our home wifi when he gets close to our building(an app he got) so he can save on data. is this possible on a BB?

thx!

oh and my info is: BB torch, virgin canada
    You shouldn't have to turn off your radio when using wifi.
    I leave my wifi on all the time and when I get home it hooks up immediately and I can still use the phone.

Hopefully someone with a Torch will reply to make sure you have a proper settings on your device. I have a Storm2.

Good Luck
    07-16-11 09:51 PM

Sorry i can't help you and the wifi doesn't work on my 9650.
    07-16-11 09:54 PM
    thx for the reply Turbo

to any1:
    is there a good network monitor app to see whats going on? i have the wifi and radio/3g on but i'm not sure if it's using the wifi or the 3g or both.
    07-17-11 05:19 PM
    well after watching for awhile, if u have wifi and 3g on it uses the wifi first, then if no wifi uses the 3g. so at home it uses the wifi i setup and when out of range it uses 3g
    still too bad it's not more obvious to monitor.
    07-26-11 04:20 PM
    Hello. I have BB torch 9800. I am having problems with wifi.

When I try to surf web or use apps requiring wifi I often get errors such as 'can not connect to the server' and 'a communication error has occurred, the server may be busy. Please try again later.' And a few other connection related errors.

This happens at home wifi, work wifi, starbucks and other wifi networks. My laptop has no problems connecting to the wifi. I never get these errors when using 3G connection. My GF also has BB9800 and has same problems.

Also I checked router settings and no other device are connected to the router. Any ideas as to how to fix this ? Any idea why getting the server busy error ?

Posted from my CrackBerry.
    Last edited by CDM76; 07-28-11 at 01:51 PM.
    07-28-11 01:31 PM
    wish i cud help u CDM76 but my message above u is as far as i can figure. my hubby is on an android and i'm realizing there r huge differences.

hope u find a solution. if i do i'll post it here
    07-29-11 03:23 PM

Make sure your 'mac filtering' is turned off in your router settings

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk
    07-29-11 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD