I have a bold 9700, when I connect to my router at home, it seems to connect ok, but there isn't a green tick.

It doesnt use the wifi for data access, instead uses the data plan.

I spoke to RIM who say speak to your network, network says speak to RIM.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    03-15-10 11:42 AM
    I experienced a similar issue - my 9700 would connect to my home wireless network fine, but only intermittently to BIS over WiFi. I was running the original ATT OS (.296 I think) and .405 and both behaved the same way.

I discovered that the problem was with the interaction between my wireless router and the BIS network. Discovered this was the problem by connecting the BB to other wireless networks with no issue.

I tried some router tweaks I found in google searches, but nothing seemed to solve the problem.

Finally replaced my old router (linksys WRTG54GS originally released in 2002) and now I get rock solid connection (Netgear something wireless n/gigabit)

My issue was characterized by grey wifi indicator on the 9700 indicating that it had a network connection, but not connected to BIS over wifi.

Hope that helps...
    03-15-10 02:43 PM
    I am also having a similar problem too, PLEASE HELP!!!

When i purchased my blackberry bold 9700, and connected the wifi it seemed to be working perfectly!

But now as i have had my bold for a couple of weeks it does no seem to have a tick on it either just a white line.

I have tried to connect it a couple more times and it says: unable to connect because of network lost ?

But if i go on the browser it does work, but if i wanted to go on blackberry app world it does not work.

Which is a let down really because i cannot download apps.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    10-26-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD