As the title says, wifi comes and goes every minute or so, I know is not my router because I just changed and my netbook, zune and ipod work fine. I tried resetting the router but still the same. This is the first time that his happens and I only unlock the phone last week. I don't think that's the issue. I'm a little upset because where I live I only have like 1 bar, so UMA for me is a must. Btw, my phone is the 9700.
    Last edited by maumal; 02-27-10 at 10:28 PM.
    02-27-10 10:24 PM
    Try a battery pull. If that doesn't work, look in your WiFi connections, check how strong your signal is. If you are getting decent signal then call T-Mobile and ask for the Blackberry department. Don't even bother with customer care.
    02-28-10 09:14 AM
    He's right. A battery pull should work. Its like chicken soup for a sick Blackberry .
    04-02-10 05:27 PM
    This is a BB notorious problem. Many models can login to the router but can not get onto the Internet. Or, no login at all. The worst are Netgear models.

One possible solution, try changing the security level on the router.
    04-02-10 10:16 PM
    Try searching the Wi-Fi forum for your router model. Maybe there is some configuration peculiarity someone else has encountered.

There are two router settings however which really help with UMA. One is to enable WMM (Wireless Multimedia) on your router, to help with handset battery life. The other is changing the router's Beacon Interval to 50 instead of the usually higher default, this will help your phone maintain the Wi-Fi link and lock onto UMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 05:55 PM
    Try searching the Wi-Fi forum for your router model. Maybe there is some configuration peculiarity someone else has encountered.

There are two router settings however which really help with UMA. One is to enable WMM (Wireless Multimedia) on your router, to help with handset battery life. The other is changing the router's Beacon Interval to 50 instead of the usually higher default, this will help your phone maintain the Wi-Fi link and lock onto UMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just to clarify on this subject for a specific router...

On my Netgear WGR614 there is no adjustment for the Beacon Interval, at least not with the firmware I have currently.

Also, more importantly, enabling the WMM prevents mine from establishing an internet connection and prevents it from establishing a UMA connection.

As soon as I enabled WMM, UMA went away and my Wi-Fi icon darkened, so I tried a battery pull ect, ect, ect, but I could not get my internet and UMA connection back until I disabled WMM again.
    04-05-10 06:35 PM
    If you are still having a problem. Give UMA tech support a call. You may be in for a wait because there are fewer and fewer UMA specific reps available. Or call Blackberry Tech support, they may be able to help you as well.
    04-05-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD