I'm having this ongoing issue with wifi on my BB Torch.

When I attempt to access a site once wifi has been connected for a while on my Torch, it will say "unable to connect to server". I have to re-connect to the wifi to make it work again.

Wifi is always on and accessible where I live and it never goes down. I use my laptop on it with no problem.

Please help.

Thanks.
    02-21-11 09:21 PM
    maybe try an os update? what version are you running?
    02-21-11 09:26 PM
    maybe try an os update? what version are you running?
    I'm using the latest one that's available in BB Desktop Software: v6.0.0.337.

Thanks.
    02-21-11 09:52 PM
    I'm using the latest one that's available in BB Desktop Software: v6.0.0.337.

Thanks.
    There are a couple leaks (.448 & .450) out that you could try if you are comfortable doing so. If so, read the instructions here on cb closely. Deleting the vendor.xml file is very important.
    02-21-11 09:55 PM
    I've tried all the OS updates and I still get that issue you are having. I'm starting to think its a connection issue and telling you that there literally is a problem with your connection, but hey I'm just guessing, could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 03:04 AM
    It's a really irritating issue.

02-26-11 12:01 PM
    hello.... i wondered if anyone can help me.... when my phone restarts it reads an error message and since then i have been unable to read my txt messages and the txt icon has disapeared? ive tried taking the battery out but nothing seems to work?
    02-26-11 12:15 PM
    hello.... i wondered if anyone can help me.... when my phone restarts it reads an error message and since then i have been unable to read my txt messages and the txt icon has disapeared? ive tried taking the battery out but nothing seems to work?
    Start your own thread please.
    02-26-11 01:46 PM
    I have the same problem. Its got to be something with OS 6 because I started having the same problems with my wife's 9700 after I updated it. I have noticed a pattern though. Most of the time, its with Belkin routers and FB will rarely connect on wi-fi period. Web browsing and email work about 50 percent of the time on belkin routers and almost 100 percent of the time on any other wi-fi connection, including my Verizon Mi-Fi hotspot.

02-26-11 03:02 PM
    I'm actually having this problem with a D-Link router. And it seems to happen with all sites.

02-26-11 05:16 PM
    I'm having this ongoing issue with wifi on my BB Torch.

When I attempt to access a site once wifi has been connected for a while on my Torch, it will say "unable to connect to server". I have to re-connect to the wifi to make it work again.

Wifi is always on and accessible where I live and it never goes down. I use my laptop on it with no problem.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Did you try turn off and on your modem?
    02-26-11 05:52 PM
    I'm actually having this problem with a D-Link router. And it seems to happen with all sites.

There are numerous threads about the torch and D-link routers not either connecting or staying connected. I believe(don't quote me here) but I think most issues were resolved when said people upgraded the firmware on their router.
    02-26-11 06:10 PM
    There are numerous threads about the torch and D-link routers not either connecting or staying connected. I believe(don't quote me here) but I think most issues were resolved when said people upgraded the firmware on their router.
    While the firmware update on the router has helped many, it has not helped my very similar situation. I've mostly decided to skip using wifi. Which I'm sure Att loves, as then i'm a much heavier data user over the 3G network than I would otherwise be.

has anyone done anything that worked other than 1) update firmware on router, 2) update OS on torch to latest available, and/or 3) repeated reconfigure the settings on the router and phone?
    02-26-11 09:39 PM
    I am having the same problem. If I connect to the browser through 3G and turn off my Wifi, it works fine. If I try to connect to the browser via WiFi, it will not work. I have a NETGEAR router....so it's not just D-link.
    03-09-11 12:08 AM
    I don't want to jinx myself, but I updated my router's firmware and it is actually working now. We'll see how long it lasts!
    03-09-11 12:23 AM
    I had the same problem. It was sooooo frustrating that I fought with at&t nenough and demanded compensation for this issue and got a brand new Motorola Atrix. Although I love this new phone, I still have the torch and am trying to figure out STILL how to resolve this wifi connectivity issue. I have tried alls above said suggestions but no avail. Anything else to recommend? I have a netgear router. Should I get a new router possibly?

03-11-11 03:39 PM

03-11-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD