I recently purchased a Blackberry curve 8520 and have numerous issues with it. For example, although my phone says it isn't connected to wifi, somehow it can access the internet. However, it won't connect to app world, and Blackberry messenger seems not to work. Also, when I try to set up email, I'm supposed to have two options, but for some reason, I can only choose 'I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise server'. Don't know if these issues are related, but they're problematic nonetheless.
    01-26-11 02:10 PM
    In order to use Email, BBM, App World or most third party programs, your need to include BlackBerry Internet Service from your carrier.

When you have a Wifi connection you can use the Hotspot Browser for Internet access.

Call your carrier and verify the details of your account. Most carriers offer BIS with packaged data for $15-$30 month.
    nowmusicman likes this.
    01-26-11 02:40 PM
    Yes.

Open Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

If the Browser is: Hotspot Browser, you are viewing the Internet over Wifi. If it is set to Internet Browser, you are viewing it through a BlackBerry plan.

Check your Wifi status at: Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

You should see two Green check marks and Status: Network Aquired.

Scroll to the bottom and check your BlackBerry Infrastructure status. If everything is correct you will see 3 Green check marks.
    01-26-11 03:10 PM
    I'm on wi-fi options. I presume by infrastructure status you mean the wi-fi profiles I use. All there is next to the profile I'm on is a box with a white dash and a green 'wi-fi triangle'.
    01-26-11 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD