My phone is an AT&T Bold 9000. I am a student, and live full-time in the dorms at my University. I've encountered a problem when trying to connect to the student-WiFi network at my school recently.

The network I am trying to connect to is a username/password protected WPA2-Enterprise connection. However, when I enter my username and password information, I am greeted with the same error message every time:

"Unable to Connect
    Reason: Failed to authenticate against the network.
    Save this WiFi network as a profile anyway?"

Is there any way to authenticate against the network and connect to WiFi here?
    01-12-09 04:01 PM
    My phone is an AT&T Bold 9000. I am a student, and live full-time in the dorms at my University. I've encountered a problem when trying to connect to the student-WiFi network at my school recently.

The network I am trying to connect to is a username/password protected WPA2-Enterprise connection. However, when I enter my username and password information, I am greeted with the same error message every time:

"Unable to Connect

What worked for me
    1) removed security code on router ( the wep code)
    2) Added BB mac address to my router
    3) Then kept data services on and went to host routing table and found the entry wi-fi [60] and used menu button and selected register and presto
    4) connected to wifi which then turned white
    5) used hot spot browser
    6) could browse easily on wifi
    01-12-09 07:18 PM
    Is that the only way? I don't have access to the router since I'm trying to connect to my school-sponsored student WiFi...
    01-12-09 08:12 PM
    I have the same problem here at school.

We actually have a separate network that still uses WEP encryption for cell phones and older laptops. However, you need to register the phone and the registration page has been down for a while.

BUMP FOR HELP
    01-12-09 08:23 PM
    What worked for me
    1) removed security code on router ( the wep code)
    So basically your router is now open to the world to use your wifi....
    where do you live?
    01-12-09 09:30 PM
    So basically your router is now open to the world to use your wifi....
    where do you live?

i know its open, - this was because i had difficulty in configuring, i need to now sit back and enable wep.
    hehe
    01-12-09 10:09 PM

"Unable to Connect

I am having the same problem but in reverse..I can connect to my schools wifi but am unable to connect to my home wifi..My Ipod touch set up just fine..I have tried everything to connect to my router I have a trendnet tew-452brp set up with wpa setting..any suggestions would be great to steer me in the right direction...
    02-10-10 07:25 PM
    I had the same problem @ my school. I went to see the school's IT folks and was given a temporary pin. Whenever I scanned for the network, and it's found, I'm asked to enter a # into the router. I hit cancel, then it asks my the type of security. I choose WEP and enter the password, then save the profile. Then I turn off my wifi, and back on again. About 20 seconds later my browser opens and asks me to enter my credentials, which is my login I'd and password for my student email account. Once that's entered, I'm congratulated on successful login to my school's network, and the icon turns white & black.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 08:02 AM
    I have the similar problem as the OP..

Bold 9700 (updated OS)
    I'm computer savy, know enough about wifi issues to resolve 99% of them.. but this damn BB has me going nuts!

What is soooo annoying is i have no problem connecting at work or numerous friends houses, but i can't connect reliably at home. Where i need it most as i have very poor mobile signal.

I'd really appreciate some help. This is my 1st BB and i'm not familiar with its nuances.

I have a Sitecom WL-153 - MIMO XR Wireless Network Broadband Router, with 2 laptops, a desktop & a PS3 all happily on the wifi, with no issues.

I have tried:
    Changing numerous router options; broadcast channel, firmware update, security type etc etc. My BB can see the wifi but just not authenticate the network.
    I have tried every option on the BB i can think of, manually added, scanned, rebooted, reset, set default setting, etc etc.

I KNOW the password is correct, i've checked it a zillion times.

To make it more annoying 'sometimes' (rarley) it works, but only for a few minutes, normally after i delete the saved profile on the BB and re set it up.

If i remove all security settings i get: Failed to obtain an IP address

Sometimes it claims there are no networks available... when clearly there are. I'll make it search over and over again and suddenly it will find them..

I'm proficient with router set-ups'.. but this has me stumped.

I'm really feed up.. and would love some help. (my BB is insured.. if it's playing up i can have it replaced!)

___

To sum up:
    With security on i get: Failed to authenticate against the network.
    With security off i get: Failed to obtain an IP address
    I have no issues connecting to a secure router at work and all my home devices have no problem connecting to my home router
    Damn you Bold 9700!
    Last edited by Tommy_Berry; 07-13-10 at 06:29 AM.
    07-13-10 06:11 AM
    Anyone have any insight? I seem to be having the same problem with my Torch. Home network is WEP encrypted, only connects for a few minutes, then drops and says "Your connection to the wifi network is turned off". I try to reconnect, and it gives me the "failed to authenticate" message. Frustrating!

-ts-
    09-10-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD