i bought my 9700 2 weeks ago from vodafone (turkey). but im using a diffrent gsm operator (turkcell). first 1 week wifi was working perfect. and then i decided to ugrade the operating system and i did (.656). but after that wifi started not to work. i can connect to diffrent networks it says "sucsess" but when i open the browser it says unable to open.

my data servces are off not to use from edge. and also in manage connection there is a white dah only next to wifi when i try to connect. in the main screen it writes the networks name but, no matter what i do i couldnt get a green tick mark next to wifi. (browser settings: hotspot).

im thinking to downgrade, but which version should i download and from which carrier vodafone or the gsm operator that use (turkcell)

sorry for my english, i hope you can help me... thanks everyone...
    09-18-10 06:09 AM
    Download 714! It's the best overall OS in terms of speed, signal strength, bug fixes.

BEST OS in my experience, I tried them all and tested them. This give you the best round up of signal quality, speed, WiFi connectivity, fast picture browsing in the Media viewer, etc.

DOWNLOAD <<< CLICK HERE

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.
    2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
    3) Delete the file named vendor.xml
    4) Connect your BlackBerry 9700 through the USB port
    5) Run loader.exe
    6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.
    Last edited by Matrix Leader; 09-18-10 at 06:53 AM.
    09-18-10 06:22 AM
    thanks for your interest too much...
    where can i download that, i think in officila blackberry website its not available. does it makes a diffrence which carrier?
    09-18-10 06:41 AM
    thanks for your interest too much...
    where can i download that, i think in officila blackberry website its not available. does it makes a diffrence which carrier?
    Man I just gave you step by step instructions! geez

You can install any OS on the BlackBerry doesn't matter which carrier, you just have to follow the instructions above.

Deleting the vendor.xml file removes the lock to carrier thing
    09-18-10 06:52 AM
    Download 714! It's the best overall OS in terms of speed, signal strength, bug fixes
    And Matrix strikes again on another unsuspecting innocent Noob with his wrong advise.

OP - there are couple of OS 862 and latest 938 which work just great. Search for them on this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kailashr; 09-18-10 at 06:56 AM.
    09-18-10 06:54 AM
    thank you guys, im just a newbie. i will look for those os. i just understood that it doesnt matter which carrier that you are using you can install any os. thanks again, i will try and will post here the result.
    09-18-10 07:02 AM
    thank you guys, im just a newbie. i will look for those os. i just understood that it doesnt matter which carrier that you are using you can install any os. thanks again, i will try and will post here the result.
    Dude don't listen to that fuked up ****** he just likes to follow my posts and diss them as he has no GF and no life!

862 has the worst reception / signal level dude. After installing it, try making a few lenghty calls and notice how you'll get cut off randomly.

Speak to an expert i've tried them ALL
    714 has the best battery life, signal qualityl, web browsing, and no problems with WiFi connectivity.

Keep one thing in mind, if the WiFi icon remains grey and doesn't turn white, turn it off, then turn the mobile network services off also from the options, then ONLY ennable WiFi and wait for a min until you see the icon turn white, then you can safely turn back the mobile data services on.
    09-18-10 07:08 AM
    OP I need not say more. Just search for MatrixLeader on this forum and you will get the answer.

09-18-10 07:45 AM
    When you try to connect, which error code do you get when it fails?

09-18-10 07:50 AM
    i dont get any errors. when i open the browser it says "unabe to open... bla bla bla"
    09-18-10 07:59 AM
    Are you sure? When I try to connect to a WiFi network and it fails, I get an error code then it still says success afterward.

09-18-10 08:41 AM
    Speak to an expert i've tried them ALL...
    Firstly ML, there are no experts. Just people with more experience than you

Secondly, you have not tried them ALL

Did you for example try .296? or .321? or .330? or .344? or .351? or .400? or .405? or .415? or .421? or .423? or .442? or .536? or .545? or .569? or .578? or .586? or .593? or .602? or even .938?

Most of us were here at the start, and we have tried them ALL. This therefore qualifies us to comment, with experience, on OS comparisons.

You however joined in at the end, and have tried only a handful of later OS builds, all of which for a very short time. This qualifies you to zip.

Listen and learn ML... or leave
    09-18-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD