I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a direct answer/solution.

Like many, when I set up a WiFi network on my Storm 2, it will connect but I only get the gray icon - never white.

Was the solution to this problem ever resolved definitively?
    02-12-10 01:06 PM
    I have that problem intermittently. If there is a fix, I'd love to know about it.
    02-12-10 01:44 PM
    It seems as though the WI-FI receiver is not very strong. I will try to connect to the WI-FI in my home, and depending on where I am in the house, it will take forever for the icon to turn white.

I doubt this has any major affect, but I usually will keep the WI-FI options open while it's trying to connect. I've also noticed that if I don't have the enable single profile scanning selected, and I have more than 1 WI-FI network on there, it won't connect to any of them.

I'm sure someone has a beter answer than I do. I hope some of it may help though.
    02-12-10 01:49 PM
    It seems as though the WI-FI receiver is not very strong. I will try to connect to the WI-FI in my home, and depending on where I am in the house, it will take forever for the icon to turn white.

I doubt this has any major affect, but I usually will keep the WI-FI options open while it's trying to connect. I've also noticed that if I don't have the enable single profile scanning selected, and I have more than 1 WI-FI network on there, it won't connect to any of them.

I'm sure someone has a beter answer than I do. I hope some of it may help though.
    Define "forever".
    02-12-10 01:55 PM
    Define "forever".
    anywhere from 1 min - 20 mins. If I don't feel like getting up and walking over closer to the signal, it may never go white.
    02-12-10 01:57 PM
    Well this thread got me playing with wifi (I usally leave it off as I get good service at home and office) and it will simply not connect. Are there any tips to getting it to connect? My phone is 20 feet from the router in my office with clear LOS. Very frustrating.
    02-12-10 02:51 PM
    Update to my wifi issues: with wifi turned on, it brings everything else down. Neither Opera nor Weatherbug can connect if wifi is turned on, even with good 3G service. I have to turn wifi off and resend service books to get Opera and Weatherbug to work again.

Ideas?
    02-12-10 03:27 PM
    Go into your router settings and change the channel that it is on.
    02-12-10 03:28 PM
    reboot your routers and see if that helps. it got rid of mine.
    02-12-10 05:43 PM
    the signal strength is pretty poor on these phones..oh well, can't expect alot out of such a small device i don't guess. Make sure you're sitting on top of your router when browsing for the "whiteness" and max browsing speed
    02-12-10 05:49 PM
    this happens with both of my BB's (9700, and unlocked storm 2) they take a good 3-4 minutes to connect to my router. These devices take the longest to connect to a wifi router then any other phone that i have.
    02-13-10 12:22 PM
    2 questions...

1. Why would my wifi icon still be grey even tho I am connected to my home wireless network?

2. I am unable to connect with my router via PIN. When I try and connect this way...I get a time out error on my router. I, however, was able to input my WEP and connect to my router that way. If there is a resolution for this (not connecting via PIN) in another thread, can someone kindly direct me.

Thank you for your time.
    06-23-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD