Wow, never thought to try this out, but I had my bluetooth piece in and I wanted to google something and I was connected to wifi and I was able to surf the internet and be on the phone at the same time which is one of verizons draw backs ... In fact I'm on the phone right now and wifi ... Pretty nifty ... Does anybody know what exactly the bold uses wifi for besides the internet? Doesn't it also use it for emails to? I remember reading some apps use Wifi when enabled ... On a side note I have my old tour theme I created on my bold, I had to adjust my wifi icon since I have one now but there isn't a place for the wifi name location in theme builder ... Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 09:47 PM
    oh nice...gonna have to try this too on my sprint bold...good info to know! THANKS
    06-12-10 09:57 PM
    Yeah, try this L theme, OTA

http://www.berryfreethemes.com/kyleg...eatherslot.jad

06-12-10 10:12 PM
    No I create my own themes but it doesn't give an option for the wifi name, thanks for looking though ...

06-13-10 10:47 AM
    Wow, never thought to try this out, but I had my bluetooth piece in and I wanted to google something and I was connected to wifi and I was able to surf the internet and be on the phone at the same time which is one of verizons draw backs ... In fact I'm on the phone right now and wifi ... Pretty nifty ... Does anybody know what exactly the bold uses wifi for besides the internet? Doesn't it also use it for emails to? I remember reading some apps use Wifi when enabled ... On a side note I have my old tour theme I created on my bold, I had to adjust my wifi icon since I have one now but there isn't a place for the wifi name location in theme builder ... Any ideas?

If your wifi logo is grey, you can surf the web. When the wifi logo is white, you can also send and receive email and BBM messages.
    06-13-10 10:55 AM

Can WiFi be used to sync with desktop manager?
    06-13-10 11:09 AM
    Unfortunately the device has to be connected via USB to do sync with desktop manager.
    06-13-10 11:10 AM
    Does anybody know what exactly the bold uses wifi for besides the internet? Doesn't it also use it for emails to? I remember reading some apps use Wifi when enabled
    WIFI can be used for browsing, email, BBM, and most applications. For example, Pandora and Slacker will use WIFI if and when it is available.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 11:48 AM
    Unfortunately the device has to be connected via USB to do sync with desktop manager.
    You can use Bluetooth also, although I'm still trying to get it to work with Bold. I've done it numerous times with my Curve, though.
    06-13-10 01:24 PM
    So do most of you just leave your wifi on all the time? Does it drain the battery faster?
    06-13-10 03:29 PM
    So do most of you just leave your wifi on all the time? Does it drain the battery faster?
    Yes, it drains the battery faster. I only have it on when I know I can/will be/need to connect to a WiFi network.
    06-13-10 04:46 PM
    I'll disagree here; in my case the wi-fi actually extends the battery life. All data operations take place over the wi-fi network rather than the cellular network; this requires a lot less power due to the proximity of the access point vs the cell tower.

If you spend most of your time on the phone, though, you won't see a big difference. In fact, phone usage exclusively won't see any benefit from wi-fi. It's only with data usage that the battery savings are apparent.
    06-13-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD