Is it possible to connect to the web through wifi only if your mobile services have been turned off by your provider? right now it says uma (in small letters) in the top corner and i am connected to my wireless network. perhaps i need to turn uma off?

just want to go on the web without going thru tmobile. i know this is possible on my droid. hopefully on my berry too...
    09-09-10 11:01 AM
    In my experience BBs on wifi are VERY poor (I'm currently on holiday & I'm depending on the hotels wifi to keep track of my Emails, Facebook, Twitter & general internet browsing as I won't pay roaming charges) & my 9700 is letting me down but my iPhone is flawless. Wifi on my BB is a last resort even though I'm writing this on it right now as my wife has my iPhone because her 9700 is getting on her nerves. This is only my experience though see what others have to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 11:33 AM
    ok well i cant get access to the web. the only apps on the phone that work are the google ones.
    09-09-10 04:49 PM
    You need to go into your options/advanced options / browser settings and set it for hotspot. Save, then relaunch the browser. Should work fine. Also, you have connected to the wifi already, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 05:01 PM
    brian. yes i have connected to the wifi.

what you suggested did not work. same result as before...get a message about unable to connect to the internet. contact your service provider...

i dont understand how if im connected to my wifi network it still tries to route everything thru the mobile antenna
    09-10-10 02:04 PM
    Hello when you are trying to connect to a web site through the browser are you using bookmarked links I experienced a similar problem when t-mobile had turned off my phone because even though i had setup everything including switching to hot spot browser under settings: options: etc whenever i clicked on a browser bookmark it automatically changed that option back to internet setting... Also this made the browser speed up a little pull the sim card and turn phone back on without it and then go to wifi only you will see the wifi logo but above it where the 3g symbol would just be off in red and your you should see no sim card/your wifi network above your clock most 3rd party apps wont wont but web browsing speed in increased at least for me it was...
    09-13-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD