My wifi at home doesn't work! It says I am connected but all I can see is a white dash when I go to manage connections. Help anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 08:46 PM
    My wifi at home doesn't work! It says I am connected but all I can see is a white dash when I go to manage connections. Help anyone?

Try deleting the saved profile, turning your wifi off, pulling your battery to reboot your device, then turn your wifi back on, add the profile and see if your problem is resolved. Regardless of what OS I am running, once a month or so my 9700 seems to lose, or have trouble with, my home wifi. Doing those steps usually resolves it. (Also, once I had to un-plug my router, and reboot it, to resolve the problem) Good luck
    11-16-10 08:50 PM
    Just done all that... Doesn't work

11-16-10 09:30 PM
    Just done all that... Doesn't work

Connect something else to your wifi, and make sure its working properly on another device. And then, if all else fails, try loading a different OS version and see if that makes a difference. There is a very small possibility of it being a hardware problem, but I highly doubt it.
    11-16-10 11:49 PM
    K will do that and then I will let u know wot happened! Thx

11-17-10 09:10 AM
    It is very tricky to have WiFi work on OS 5

On OS 6, you don't even need to wait for any WiFi icon to turn white....it just works instantly......

I spent 5 hours on 5 diff days with Linksys tech support and they couldn't get wifi to work on my OS 5 devices

I even disabled my WiFi security to make sure that security method is not the issue but no luck
    11-17-10 02:12 PM
    Does anyone of you happen to have T-mobile? And if you do, do you have a data package or not?
    12-07-10 07:09 PM
    my bold 9700 was connecting fine with my home wifi when suddenly it stopped doing so 2 days back. i get a full wifi connected indication on my phone with no wireless network found on trying to browse or download. i've tried reboot n reinstalling os. nothing helping. i have os 6 and tried to install os 5 but no success. it says my phone is already updated n i cant seem to remove os6 from my phone. the service centre at my city has no solution to my problem. any help is much appreciated. regards, sid.
    12-11-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD