hi. i just bought a bb8350i for boost and the wifi is not working, anyone else have the same problem?
    06-13-11 06:32 PM
    anyone have the same problem?
    06-14-11 12:35 AM
    By "not working" what exactly do you mean? Have you gone into the Connections menu to see if it's picking up any networks? Or are they just not showing on the main screen? Everything else working with the Boostberry process?
    06-15-11 03:01 PM
    ok so i have the nextel 8350i using it with my boost chip. everything works fine, but the wifi. i located the wifi, connects to it, but wont work (wont be able to go online)
    now, im now to this thing, but the lady at the store said, that i wont be able to have wifi because i have a boost chip in a nextel phone. u guys know anything about that?
    06-16-11 11:36 AM
    Yeah on the phone difference... Nextel won't help you because you have Boost service on a Nextel phone. Boost won't help you because you have their service on a "non authorized" phone, i.e. one that you didn't buy from them. So the downside with these Boostberry's is that we are pretty on our own for phone-specific problems.

Try reinstalling the OS and Boostberry procedure and see if that fixes the issue. The process is pretty quick the more you do it. I have 2 Boostberry 8350i's and have reinstalled several times to fix various issues.
    06-16-11 01:29 PM
    ok so i have the nextel 8350i using it with my boost chip. everything works fine, but the wifi. i located the wifi, connects to it, but wont work (wont be able to go online)
    now, im now to this thing, but the lady at the store said, that i wont be able to have wifi because i have a boost chip in a nextel phone. u guys know anything about that?
    Make sure you have selected Hotspot Browser instead of Browser for the phone to work on WIFI. The CSR doesn't know what they are talking about.
    06-16-11 02:27 PM
    so i downgraded from the 5.0 and set the browser to hotspot and still nothing. grrrr
    06-18-11 05:22 PM
    Yes I do!! It sucks. Did u get any help with the issue ?
    01-30-12 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD