Hi,
    i have i blackberry torch 9800. The wifi at my house does not seem to be working with it, which is weird because 2 days ago it was working fine. Also i was at a friends house the yesterday and the wifi was working completely fine there. I tryed rebotting my router and my device and even taking my battery out. In manage connections it says my blackberry is connected to the wifi and has full white bars. I currently do not have a sim card in the phone but will have one in a few days, so maybe that has something to do with it? Anyways i'm out of ideas.. can someone please help me?!
    01-28-12 09:14 PM
    Perhaps the SIM card is the one causing it, because the SIM card is the one that enables your device to be able to connect to a network, and you still need a network from your carrier in order to utilize the WiFi connection. I believe once you have your SIM card installed in the device, WiFi should start working again. Hope this helps.
    01-29-12 12:52 PM
    Thx for your quick reply!
    The SIM card was always installed. For me the problems seems to be that my home wifi doesn't appear in the list of networks on the bb. I can see all the other wifis in the neighborhood but not mine.
    And again, home wifi sometimes fully works my 9800 (and appears in the networks list) but not on my wifes torch, or vice versa. Or I am connected to my wifi and when I look in the list of networks I can see it for a second and then it's gone (But I'm still connected to it!).
    It freaks me out. Everytime I come home from work I have a 50/50 chance that it connects or not.
    I was sure the router is the problem, but even WITHOUT encryption, Mac filter, hidden SSID the problem is still the same. And why does it sometimes work on one bb, but not on the other? Or it sometimes works on both 9800s or on none of them.
    Heeeeelllpppp!!!
    01-29-12 01:53 PM
    I have the same problem, my router is the issue. It cannot handle all the traffic from the netbooks, phones and playbooks going. Seems to just erase random connections. I just use one device for my wifi now. too cheap to get a better router. Sorry I cant be of any real assistance. good luck.
    01-29-12 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD