Yes, I have read all the wifi threads and even have a headache because of it and my wifi is still grey instead of white..
    Long story short...I travelled to another country...and from that day on, the wifi will not connect..well it says connected but you can't browse or use any app that needs data connection...have done tons of battery pulls, host routing tables, etc.

I installed a data plan since my phone is unlocked...all apps work fine on EDGE connection but wifi will not work...I have all the service books fine and with a data plan it works....but why is my wifi not working any more? I mean, even in open connections it will connect asap but you can't do anything...
    I have used wifi in Dominican Republic, USA, Nicaragua, but here in Colombia it just does not work???!!!
    05-22-10 12:56 PM
    8900s work with Wi-Fi 802.11b/g if the one you are using is not Wi-Fi 802.11b/g I guess it won't connect. For instance, the Bold 9000 works with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g

go to WiFi Options, Press BB Menu Button, Network Details and look for Network Type
    05-22-10 07:49 PM
    I checked all my saved profiles and they have all been b/g....and all have worked before....I am now at my girlfriends house who has two networks....both are b/g and the bb connects ok but the wifi logo is grey....

Help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 08:10 PM
    That is weird ! . . hopefully a Genius or a Genius of Geniuses have the solution for your Problem

Good Luck Mate
    05-22-10 08:32 PM
    Are you able to get a valid IP address?
    05-23-10 02:29 AM
    How do I get a valid IP address?
    Please someone help me out....

05-23-10 03:17 PM
    Someone please help!!!!!
    Bump....

05-24-10 10:19 PM
    bump bump again!!!!
    Isn't there a crackberry able to help me out???
    06-07-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD