i just bought a brand new 9700, and my wifi doesn't seem to be working. under "connections" it has recognised the network, i know this because the name is there in green font. but instead of a green checkmark it has a white horizantal line. i used my 8520 in my house as well as at school and it has always automatically connected here and at school with no problems.
    03-18-10 05:29 PM
    You have to connect to the/that network. After the initial connect it will auto connect after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 05:57 PM
    i was connected. i did a complete restore from my 8520 so i already had all the connections and everything. iv been connected on this phone before, but it cuts out half the time and stays on the horizantal line. this never happened on my 8520.
    03-18-10 06:01 PM
    That means it's connected to your wi-fi but it is not successfully connecting to the Blackberry infrastructure via that wi-fi connection.

You'll be able to browse the internet using hotspot browser to take advantage of your wi-fi connection but the ordinary BB functions such as emails, bbm etc will still travel over the carrier network rather than wi-fi to get your phone.
    03-19-10 08:17 AM
    That means it's connected to your wi-fi but it is not successfully connecting to the Blackberry infrastructure via that wi-fi connection.

You'll be able to browse the internet using hotspot browser to take advantage of your wi-fi connection but the ordinary BB functions such as emails, bbm etc will still travel over the carrier network rather than wi-fi to get your phone.
    well how do i fix that?
    03-19-10 02:30 PM
    This was back when I had my 9000 and I had to call my network (Orange UK) and explain the situation to them. After being pushed round a few support guys who explained that what I was telling them was normal I finally got someone who actually listened to what I was suggesting.

I asked them to move me to a different RIM relay which they did. I then wiped all my service books with the exception of PROVISIONING (do not delete these service books) and asked the guy on the phone to push them back to my device.

Then I did a battery pull and once it re-booted the wi-fi logo lit up bright white upon re-connection to the wi-fi network and I haven't looked back since, especially now I have the 9700 and can make use of UMA to compensate for the poor signal in my house

Good luck
    03-19-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD