At first I thought Wifi - Cool, sit in my libing room amd play all night. BUt after using my new Curve ( Verizon, evdo, I think), I've found the speed more than acceptable.

As long as I have my $30 (WHAT A BARGAIN!) data plan, do I really care if the new Storm or bold, or anything has Wi-Fi? Am I really going to notice much speed difference?
    08-28-08 08:15 PM
    More than speed its about features such as UMA calling that Tmo has...in the future at&t and verizon might come out with that as well and then wifi will be very beneficial.
    08-28-08 08:20 PM
    I don't know how much you'll notice. I think somethings run smoother on WiFi, but the speed isn't really that much different to be honest. I think the biggest difference will be the 3g network stuff. But I haven't seen it in action either. What I say is if you're satisfied and happy with how your berry works and your provider, then who cares what anyone says about your decision for a device or carrier. I don't think performance is that much different. Some people will notice, but I don't think most of us can tell which Curve is faster.

The reason I like TMo has nothing to do with equipment or WiFi and everything to do with how an individual TMo employee helped me with a few issues. This person went over and above what anyone needed to do for a customer, so I am loyal to his company.
    08-28-08 08:37 PM
    At first I thought Wifi - Cool, sit in my libing room amd play all night. BUt after using my new Curve ( Verizon, evdo, I think), I've found the speed more than acceptable.

As long as I have my $30 (WHAT A BARGAIN!) data plan, do I really care if the new Storm or bold, or anything has Wi-Fi? Am I really going to notice much speed difference?
    I would think that downloading stuff will be better on WiFi. I know VZW's EVDO is very fast but there are some things that a WiFi connection can do a lot smoother.
    08-28-08 09:59 PM
    Yeah downloads and sending pic messages go faster on WiFi. It also is good if ur reception at home isn't strong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:20 PM
    Wifi is the enabling technology, but Unlicensed Mobile Access is the benefit.

Where I live, one bar is a good day.

UMA means my signal is as good as living under the tower, and a whole lot safer.

Unlimited calling is a nice bonus, being able to receive those calls is far more important.

Data is fast, network speeds, typically 48 Mbps, fast enough to be transparent. Almost as good as the iPhone commercial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD