I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get my new 9650 to connect to BIS over WIFI in my home. The handset would see my wireless network when I scanned. And when I picked the network and entered the passphrase it would seem to associate with the network. However, in "Manage Connections" it would show a minus sign instead of a green checkmark to the right of the WIFI connection. And on the home screen the WIFI logo would show up grayed out, indicating that the 9650 was not connecting to BIS.

Here's how I resolved the issue:

My router at home is a Belkin F5D7230-4 version 2000. It is an older (circa 2005) wireless G model. It was configured to use WPA security with AES encryption and a PSK.

When I logged into the router and changed the encryption type from AES back to TKIP the Blackberry was able to finally connect to BIS. I am not sure whether the bug is in the Blackberry software or the router as I had multiple computers and a Roku box all happily using AES. My 9650 is running OS 5.0.0.732.

Incidentally, at work I have an ASUS router running dd-wrt with WPA2 and AES. The 9650 is quite happy to connect to BIS from that wireless network without any changes.

Hope this info helps someone!
    10-05-10 06:59 AM
    Thanks for sharing. It may help others.
    10-05-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD