I would like to transfer files back and forth between my laptop and 9800. Can I setup a wifi network and ftp. It would be nice to make my laptops wifi card appear to be the router. I don't have a router so if there's one better suited let me know. I don't want to get on the net. I have dial up which I use my BB 99% of the time for internet anyway. Even on edge its faster.I appreciate any ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 07:45 PM
    I don't think such a wifi network can be set up between your laptop and BB.
    Perhaps the only options would be through bluetooth or just using your micro USB cable...
    10-01-10 02:32 PM
    An 'ad-hoc' network (a wireless network between two computers without an Access Point) cannot be setup on the BlackBerry as far as I know.

If you are adverse of using the cable or BlueTooth, all you would need to find is a cheapo access point (that means without router capabilities).
    10-01-10 03:00 PM
    An 'ad-hoc' network (a wireless network between two computers without an Access Point) cannot be setup on the BlackBerry as far as I know.

If you are adverse of using the cable or BlueTooth, all you would need to find is a cheapo access point (that means without router capabilities).
    That's what I know. Ad hoc isn't avaible. How are we going about creating the access point. I already use BT and cable. They work fine enough. I would just to transfer via wifi. Lazyness is the main reason. W/ my cable I have to keep it handy. I could remove the sd card and use the reader on the laptop but then there again laxy and the otterbox on this 9800 isn't the easiest to get back on. With BT I I have found away to send more than 1 item at a time. I've been trying to set up BBSSH w/ wifi and can't get that going. I just had the idea if I had a network setup that maybe the BB might hookup to the router. Thanks anyway yall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD