Can anyone confirm whether they still have WiFi Music Sync after the new 7.1 update. I seem to have lost it, and can't figure it out. I do have the new Media Sharing, but I don't have a menu item for WiFi Music Sync anymore and it doesn't appear in Options either.
    03-05-12 07:23 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether they still have WiFi Music Sync after the new 7.1 update. I seem to have lost it, and can't figure it out. I do have the new Media Sharing, but I don't have a menu item for WiFi Music Sync anymore and it doesn't appear in Options either.
    I dont think it made it onto 7.1 I havent seen it on any of the leaks that ive installed.

BUT..... I extracted the cod's from a 7.0 build and added them using BBSAK and it all works again. I also tried adding them to my java folder and then trying the setup through DM but that failed. BBSAK works though.

Here are the cod's if you would like to give it a go.
    03-05-12 08:00 PM
    Thank you. I'll give it a shot. That was my next plan of action-to hunt down the cod file. Haven't done that since my 8330m and sound profiles. Does BBSAK work with 7.1? I'd read it didn't. Must have updated.
    03-05-12 09:19 PM
    Yessir. I have the most recent version and it works fine for me

Good luck.
    03-05-12 09:27 PM
    Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Worked beautifully. You're the greatest. This makes this OS the best ever for me. I had some trouble with BBSAK at first. I spent an hour or more trying to get it to work last night. Finally, today I read some posts about making sure DM wasn't running in the background.

Thanks again.
    03-06-12 02:18 PM
    Whyyy would they get rid of it? I just noticed that it was missing today, that was one of my favorite features. Is media sharing supposed to have replaced it?
    03-06-12 07:21 PM
    Whyyy would they get rid of it? I just noticed that it was missing today, that was one of my favorite features. Is media sharing supposed to have replaced it?
    I've been wondering that. I haven't tried the media sharing, just read up on the details, but from what I understand you can share media that's on your phone. Not too sure about vice versa. Anyon that has played with the media sharing, feel free to enlighten us. Thanks.
    03-06-12 07:32 PM
    RIM didn't remove wi-fi music sync in the 7.1 release. They have an internal memo that has found the problem to be with the "net_rim_bb_bbvegas.alx" file (C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Applications/MediaSyncMobile). If you open the file up using Notepad, it must read EXACTLY:
    "<loader version='1.0'>
    <application id='net_rim_mediasync'>

<name>Wireless Music Sync</name>

<description>Wireless Music Sync</description>

<version>1.0.2.22</version>

<vendor>Research In Motion Limited</vendor>

<copyright>Copyright (c) 2011 Research In Motion Limited.</copyright>

<fileset Java="1.0" _appsVersion="[6.0.0,8.0.0]">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_bbvegas_commons.cod
    net_rim_bb_bbvegas_core.cod
    net_rim_bb_bbvegas_otasync.cod
    net_rim_bb_bbvegas_resource_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_sddagent.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>
    </loader>"

The problem is in the "fileset_Java" line. Mine read "[6.0.0,7.1.0)" and it must be "6.0.0,8.0.0]". Apparently this will be fixed in the next release, but for now you have to manually edit the file. I wasn't able to modify and save the file for some reason, but RIM sent the correctly coded file right to my e-mail. Hooked my phone back up, turned wi-fi media sync back on, and it was back on my phone! Hope this helps.
    anon(4131190) likes this.
    03-29-12 07:44 PM
    RIM didn't remove wi-fi music sync in the 7.1 release. They have an internal memo that has found the problem to be with the "net_rim_bb_bbvegas.alx" file (C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Applications/MediaSyncMobile). If you open the file up using Notepad, it must read EXACTLY:
    "<loader version='1.0'>

<files>
    net_rim_bb_sddagent.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>
    </loader>"

The problem is in the "fileset_Java" line. Mine read "[6.0.0,7.1.0)" and it must be "6.0.0,8.0.0]". Apparently this will be fixed in the next release, but for now you have to manually edit the file. I wasn't able to modify and save the file for some reason, but RIM sent the correctly coded file right to my e-mail. Hooked my phone back up, turned wi-fi media sync back on, and it was back on my phone! Hope this helps.
    Strange. After I installed 7.1 I did a search for those cods in my java folder and they aren't even there. I just actually looked again before I mad this comment and they aren't anywhere in my os folder.

*EDIT* I was looking in the wrong folder. DOH!
    Last edited by jusdis; 04-02-12 at 04:32 PM.
    03-29-12 08:26 PM
    "<loader version='1.0'>

<files>
    net_rim_bb_sddagent.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>
    </loader>"

Hi Everyone

This worked perfectly to get Wifi Music Sync back! My <version> was 1.0.2.19 but it didnt matter. All I needed to do was change the fileset appsversion numbers to match what Jake had and reconnect Wifi Music Sync and all was good again.

To edit the file use notepad and save the file in another spot (it will save as a .alx.txt file) then go there, rename it (just get rid of the .txt). You will then have an edited alx file. Go to the original location rename the existing alx file and copy in your edited one. Works flawlessly again!

Thanks for this Post Jake, Now all we need to do is to get Rim to release a version of Wifi Music Sync for the PlayBook

Rob
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    04-01-12 11:14 AM
    Hi Everyone

This worked perfectly to get Wifi Music Sync back! My <version> was 1.0.2.19 but it didnt matter. All I needed to do was change the fileset appsversion numbers to match what Jake had and reconnect Wifi Music Sync and all was good again.

To edit the file use notepad and save the file in another spot (it will save as a .alx.txt file) then go there, rename it (just get rid of the .txt). You will then have an edited alx file. Go to the original location rename the existing alx file and copy in your edited one. Works flawlessly again!

Thanks for this Post Jake, Now all we need to do is to get Rim to release a version of Wifi Music Sync for the PlayBook

Rob
    I was able to update the file directly in Notepad and reconnect. No need to play around with creating a .txt file and writing over the original .alx file.
    06-03-12 02:05 AM
    ^^^^^^ cocaine is a helluva drug
    06-14-12 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD