This is strange, but ever since I started keeping my wifi on all day, my battery has lasted a LOTTTT longer. Last week, my battery would be drained to 20% at best by the time I got home at night from work. Yesterday, I turned my wifi on and left it on all day, and when I got home it was at 80% still. Right now, at 2:22pm, my battery is at 90%, and it's been off the charger since I woke up at 6:30 this morning. The phone just sits next to me in my office (not charging) and I use it occasionally throughout the day. And no changes in programs or anything like that, and I always make sure I have all programs closed except the ones required to run in the background. Has anyone else experienced this, or was my phone just draining really fast in the past and now it's fixed?
    02-16-10 02:24 PM
    Cool! I never really noticed a difference with it on or off on the 9700. On my 9000 it made a huge difference.
    02-16-10 03:16 PM
    I leave wi-fi on all the time and I get 2 days battery life
    02-16-10 03:37 PM
    I never turn it off and get pretty solid batt life. Usually get about a day and a half with normal use. 1 full day with heavy use.
    02-16-10 04:28 PM
    You're obviously not using it enough. 3G is a hard signal to obtain but the 9700 can handle ie. When you're on wifi your bb accesses data with ease, faster than 3G so that means when it is requesting data it does is without much battery. If you use your bb as heavy as I do, you'll see the difference when wifi is being utilized more seriously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 04:33 PM
    Yep. I noticed this. After complaining for about 2 weeks b/c everyone else was talking about their 9700's going for 2.5 - 3 days without charging and I was barely getting through the day without charging I decided to try leaving WiFi on. Battery life improved drastically. I'm usually stuck in a building with little to no phone use for most of the day at work (8 hrs). I typically text who i need to text or reply to any incoming text as i go on little mini breaks & lunch. After taking my phone off the charger at around 9am running 3g with WIFI off I was typically sitting at 85% - 90% by 1pm with roughly having sent 50 sms, bbm messages, little to no net use. Sooo today I figured I'd turn off 3G and run Edge throughout the day while at work since I wasn't gonna have my phone on me at all times anyway ... and it seems to be payin off ... I've sent about 40 text, bbm's, and surfed the net for about 3 minutes since around 8:30 am til now (5:50 pm) and I'm still sitting on 100% battery. It looks alot better than 85% ... especially at this time of day for me.
    02-16-10 04:51 PM
    Wow at that rate you'll only have to charge your phone every 80 days or so . Yes 3G sucks up a lot especially if you are using it a lot for Web browsing. I use Edge and Wifi (when available) and have incredible battery life.

Yep. I noticed this. After complaining for about 2 weeks b/c everyone else was talking about their 9700's going for 2.5 - 3 days without charging and I was barely getting through the day without charging I decided to try leaving WiFi on. Battery life improved drastically. I'm usually stuck in a building with little to no phone use for most of the day at work (8 hrs). I typically text who i need to text or reply to any incoming text as i go on little mini breaks & lunch. After taking my phone off the charger at around 9am running 3g with WIFI off I was typically sitting at 85% - 90% by 1pm with roughly having sent 50 sms, bbm messages, little to no net use. Sooo today I figured I'd turn off 3G and run Edge throughout the day while at work since I wasn't gonna have my phone on me at all times anyway ... and it seems to be payin off ... I've sent about 40 text, bbm's, and surfed the net for about 3 minutes since around 8:30 am til now (5:50 pm) and I'm still sitting on 100% battery. It looks alot better than 85% ... especially at this time of day for me.
    02-16-10 05:17 PM
    Its now midnight and I'm at 70%. Last time it was on charger was 630am. I use the phone a few times during the day..mostly for email and occassional browsing. All my heavy use occurs after work hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 11:45 PM
    ive noticed this on mine thought it was just a freak occurence
    02-17-10 04:17 AM
    It's now been 30 hours since I charged my phone, and I am right at 50% charge left...Wifi has been on the entire time.
    Last edited by AgTitan06; 02-17-10 at 12:18 PM.
    02-17-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD