Is it a coincidence that whenever I have my wifi on I feel that my battery last longer or that's just a myth?!

I've never been able to stand one day on a single charge, and once I have my wifi on, poof, the magic works!

Or... it could all just be in my head...
    10-20-10 04:33 PM
    It seems like that would be the case since wifi is relatively short range and shouldn't need quite as powerful of a transmitter as the cell networks will.

Of course you lose some efficiency when you're on but not in wifi range since it sits there and hunts for a network that may not exist.
    10-20-10 04:37 PM
    I agree with sandman, the difference in power drain between Wifi and 1 bar signal is huge. It is far less noticable when I have 5 bar signal.

There is a case for arguing the merits of keeping Wifi on all the time, no hassle connection to your home or office router with a barely perceivable battery drain. I keep mine hot all the time.
    10-20-10 04:43 PM
    Yup, so do I. Even with that, I still feel I'm saving on battery!
    10-20-10 11:17 PM
    Keeping wifi on while in range of wifi increases battery life. It allows the cell radio to only focus on voice use. The cell radio connected to both the voice and data network uses more battery life than the cell radio just connected to voice and having wifi on. Just make sure to set wifi to never sleep while it is on. If it sleeps, it has to reconnect to wifi every so often (it will usually disconnect when you go into standby), which will use some battery. Having a steady wifi connect will give you the best battery life.
    10-21-10 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD