Can someone tell a new comer what Wifi is? Why I should love it or why not?
    Thanks in advance
    08-25-10 12:38 PM
    Wifi is wireless Internet.

Having wifi on your BlackBerry allows you to connect to the Internet wirelessly so that you're not going over the BIS for data.
    08-25-10 01:06 PM
    Can someone tell a new comer what Wifi is? Why I should love it or why not?
    Thanks in advance
    Certainly sir. Well, WiFi is the same wireless connection that your laptop might use to connect to a local wireless network in your house, coffee shops, hotels, airports, etc..

In terms of what it allows you to do with a blackberry, it generally lets you access the internet and use certain applications without relying on your cell service. What this means is if you have particularly weak signal somewhere, you can still use internet services if you have a WiFi network available.

I'm sure I could be a lot more helpful if there was perhaps a more specific angle you wanted elaborated on.
    08-25-10 01:07 PM
    In addition to providing a much faster internet connection to your Blackberry, its also much easier on the battery to surf with wi-fi than with the EVDO radio.

Other benefits:

-Talk and surf at the same time.

-Turn off mobile network to avoid getting phone calls yet still use the internet functions of your Blackberry

-Avoid international data roaming fees by connecting via Wi-Fi when abroad.

-For people with capped data plans, this lets them enjoy their phones while saving their data quotas for when they're away from wi-fi.
    08-25-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD