Has anyone had any issues with the Wifi on their Torch turning itself off? I'm running the latest official carrier ROM, and randomly when connected to wifi, and always when I leave a wifi spot, the radio turns the wifi off. I don't mean it disconnects, I mean the check box is unchecked, so I have to go back into to the setup menu and turn it back on.

Any Ideas?
    10-21-10 05:04 PM
    any third party apps installed? What do you mean by the lastest OS?
    10-21-10 05:17 PM
    I mean I haven't installed any leaked OS's (not that there are any). Its Bells .246

As for TP apps:
    TD Bank
    Blackberry Traffic
    Where's My Phone
    Gmail
    Twitter
    CaptureIt
    Poynt
    Google Maps
    Scan Life
    Google Mobile App
    Uber Twitter
    BBSmart Alarms
    Facebook
    10-21-10 05:28 PM
    some times when i clean my screen with a cloth i swipe by accident the top bar and i accidentally will uncheck the box . no biggie just have to be careful cleaning the screen
    10-21-10 06:58 PM
    I am certain this is not the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-21-10 09:11 PM
    Are you sure its not your access point? I dont have this issue with AT&T .246
    10-21-10 09:13 PM
    Like I sais, its not that its losing connection but that the wifi radio is actually turning off. I have a desire and a 9700 as well that do not have this problem. That said, yes, If I leave my house and go to my office -leave one wifi zone and go to another- 100% of the time the radio turns off, but again, this does not happen with the bold or desire.

10-21-10 09:16 PM
    I have the Telus torch on .246 turned wifi on day one and have never had to touch it again. Its very weird that you're having this problem. Do you use a case?

10-21-10 09:25 PM
    No, I understand its not normal. I do use a case, but I can have it sitting on my desk with nothing around it, and at some point the radio will turn off. Likewise if the wifi signal is lost, the radio turns off.
    It would be awfully coincidental if I was accidentally turning it off with it in my case or pocket and never accidentally turning off the network or bluetooth connection which are just above and below it.

Could this possibly be a sim card issue? I have had my card in and out of this phone and the desire quite a few times over the past week, perhaps I have damaged a contact?
    10-21-10 09:33 PM
    Doubtful its a sim card issue, I dont even have a sim card in my storm2 and its on wifi all the time, yes it is a different phone, but you shouldnt be having this problem
    10-21-10 09:48 PM
    I have seen the issue on my White AT&T BlackBerry Torch. I am sitting in 1 room over from the Wi-Fi router & the Wi-Fi on the BlackBerry turns off. I thought it was some app that was on the BlackBerry, but after scanning through all the apps & the App World, there's nothing I can find that would be turning *off* the Wi-Fi. Anyone else seeing this?

9800/6.0.0.337

Very annoying, as it seems I keep having to turn ON Wi-Fi.

02-12-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD