I have an 8530 and I've been trying to connect to the Wifi for a couple days.

I run a scan for networks and it pops up my network. The BB shows a pin that I'm supposed to enter into the computer where the router is hooked up to, but when I enter the pin, it says this: "Unable to write network settings to device. Windows cannot save your selected settings to the device. An error occured with the XA resource."

02-26-10 07:24 PM
    Never mind. I set it up manually... and now, the thing is flying.
    02-26-10 07:31 PM
    Pin? I'm confused...

The only thing I can think of like that would be the wifi key, which goes in the BB not the PC...
    02-26-10 07:32 PM
    Its under Wi-Fi Protected Setup in which case your berry will generate a PIN to enter into your router. Mine did the same thing. Don't remember if it was the Berry PIN or if it generated a new one for wi-fi purposes. I didn't know there was any other way...
    02-27-10 09:25 AM
    just enter your WEP # ??? if its free from a public place just connect??? what is this Pin you speak of???
    02-27-10 11:07 AM
    just enter your WEP # ??? if its free from a public place just connect??? what is this Pin you speak of???
    Some of the newer routers have a pin number attached to them, it is usually on the bottom or underside of the router. If you know that pin and your device supports this method of communicating, you just input the number and you are connected. The purpose is to make wifi easier to set up without having to actually go into the router setup and doing it manually and then inputting the WEP or WPA/PSK data into each device that hooks into the network. The only issue I have had is that the device must support this new type of communication and a lot of the older devices don't unfortunately. Other than that is works very well. I recently upgraded my router and it had this and all my Vista and Win 7 machines took the pin and were connected. However my WiFi enabled Laser Printer had to be set up manually as did the iTouch my daughter has. Again, no problem, just a little more work. The PIN method is fast and easy.
    02-27-10 02:51 PM