I purchased my new 9900 yesterday and love it, I have set up my Emails and all appears well except connecting to my home Wifi.

I contacted my Internet provider and we reset the router and created a new connection, the wifi works fine with my laptop and used to work fine with my departed iPhone however, even though the phone finds the network and allows me to enter my authentication key.

It shows as a saved network but when I try to connect I keep getting the message "Failed to associate with the network"!

It also shows as "On" in the Manage connections screen but no matter what I have tried (both soft & hard reset) with no luck so I am getting frustrated as I would like to use home wifi.

My wife also has a brand new Curve9360 and she has a similar problem.

To add to the frustration, there is no way to contact Blackberry direct in the UK other than by phone and the cost is astronomical.

Are any of the experts on this forum who may have experienced this able to help please

Thanks,
    Ian
    06-24-12 04:12 AM
    Ian, you might need a new router. How old is your current router?
    06-24-12 04:14 AM
    check if your router can cater below mentioned protocol

• Wi-Fi: 802.11
    • 2.4 GHz b/g/n
    • 5GHz a/n
    06-24-12 07:03 AM
    I had the same problem when I got my 9900. It turn out that my neighbor was using the same default channel on their router as I was using, apparently causing interference. I had to configure my router to use a different channel. As to why I didn't have this problem with my 9780 but do with the 9900, I have no clue.

To determine if there are any conflicts, Manage Connections>Wi-Fi Network, hi-lite the network>menu>View Network Details. There you can see the channels the other networks are using and then configure your router to a different one.

Hope that's your problem.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    Last edited by starchit; 06-24-12 at 12:40 PM.
    06-24-12 10:04 AM
    Thanks all for the feedback.

I have had my current router for about 4 yrs so first step will be to contact ISP and ask them to send me a new router and hope that resolves the issue.

I went back to phone shop and got them to try on their wifi network - no problems so again suspect old router.

Thank you again for tips - fingers crossed it is router!
    06-24-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD