Hi,

I am having WiFi issues. Everytime I try to use data over WiFi it is either extremely slow, or I lose connection to BIS, or my router drops my BB. When I ping my router using my BB either only 1 ping is received, or every other ping is received. My router is using WPA2-PSK AES. How do I fix this? I have tried giving my BB a static IP in both the router and on the BB itself, but this does not fix anything. App World is unusable over WiFi, and the other services are flaky and slow. Over cellular everything works fine.
    12-24-11 02:52 AM
    if the wi-fi channel select on your wireless router is on auto, try changing it to a specific channel (e.g 7 or 11).This will depend on what kind of router you have but you should be able to login to the router settings via a web gui and select from there
    12-24-11 03:55 AM
    if the wi-fi channel select on your wireless router is on auto, try changing it to a specific channel (e.g 7 or 11).This will depend on what kind of router you have but you should be able to login to the router settings via a web gui and select from there
    The channel is set to 8, but that did not solve the problem. I also tried other channels, but the problem still persists.
    12-24-11 04:26 AM
    Bump. I still need help, does anyone know what to do to make this work? Also, what ports do the BIS apps use?
    12-25-11 11:38 PM
    I tried connecting my BB to my brothers router, and it worked perfectly. It looks like I need a new router.
    12-31-11 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD