....for some reason or another, my Bold doesnt seem to be connecting to my wifi. I've deleted my wifi network from the Bold and set it up again, and still no joy

Anyone able to help?!
    12-07-09 03:37 PM
    A little bit more info, when i go to "manage connections", it shows my wifi network name with a tick in the box infront, but the box after has a "-" instead of a tick or a cross, any ideas?!
    12-07-09 04:29 PM
    is it grayed out? or just not even trying to connect, try disabling the network and then just using the wifi, try and use the internet.
    12-07-09 05:32 PM
    The internet works fine, but the wifi emblems in grey. It does show my mobile network name on the home screen along with the wifi network name.
    Erm, dunno wat else to say, im baffled!
    12-07-09 05:36 PM
    Ok, I think its something to do with the WEP-PSK, my passwords 8 digits long, and everytime I check it, it shows 20 *'s :/
    I've also tried to set it up using the wireless routers homepage using the devices the MAC address, but still no joy
    12-08-09 05:41 AM
    If your SSID/router name is on your homescreen, then that should mean your BB is linked to your router. WEP/PSK accepted and everything. Otherwise, security protocols wouldn't have allowed a connection at all.

Question is: Do you have a data plan/BIS/BES account? If no, that is your problem. The general rule is:

No SSID + Grey WiFi = No WiFi connection.
    SSID + Grey WiFi = Active WiFi connection, internet/download only, No BIS services.
    SSID + White WiFi = Active WiFi connection, internet + BIS services available.

If you do have a data plan/BIS/BES account, then you just need to do some tweaking in order to get the Bold to work. I would first off try disabling the WEP protocol and increase the security level to WPA/WPA2, as many people have reported problems with WEP and their Bold. Otherwise, feel free to visit my thread on this topic: forums.crackberry.com/f65/wifi-greyed-out-yet-connected-how-i-sorted-out-232912/ .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:28 AM
    Do you need to use wifi for messenger?
    12-08-09 06:45 PM
    Do you need to use wifi for messenger?
    No but it helps with streaming apps at home, and also makes it quicker when using @ home
    12-08-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD