I upgraded to the newest firmware already prior to the issues, so I don't think that is the problem.

When I was at my 2nd home, I had no issues with connecting to the wifi network there. I put the password in, and when I was in range the wifi indicator under my signal bar was white and black. Now that I am home, I try to put my information in, and it stays grey and black. When i go into the connections menu, it has a white bar instead of a green check mark.

The wifi was working before, so I don't think it could be a phone issue, but why would one linksys router have a problem and another one work fine?

BTW, if it matters, the router used at my home has the DD-WRT firmware installed on the router. I don't see how it is an issue since my laptop can connect fine to each wifi network, but my Bold is having issues connecting.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Yes, i've done a battery pull (couple actually) as well as a few reboots without a battery pull. Also, while using the wifi tools i tried pinging the gateway with no luck.

Would it matter that my wifi is running WPA personal with AES algorithms?
    Last edited by madjsp; 08-01-09 at 03:21 AM. Reason: add more info
    08-01-09 03:13 AM
    Nobody has any suggestions?
    08-01-09 03:28 PM
    I upgraded to the newest firmware already prior to the issues, so I don't think that is the problem.
    BTW, if it matters, the router used at my home has the DD-WRT firmware installed on the router. I don't see how it is an issue since my laptop can connect fine to each wifi network, but my Bold is having issues connecting.
    Would it matter that my wifi is running WPA personal with AES algorithms?
    I'm confused by your first 2 paragraphs. The newest firmware could be the issue since it worked before upgrading right?

Keep wifi open to see if you can connect. If you can then you know the Bold has a problem with that type of security and then find a security type that works.
    08-01-09 03:42 PM
    It doesn't connect at all.

It works at one house, and not the other. But i believe it has different security types. And what I meant is i upgraded before i tried the WIFI so I don't know if it was happening prior to the upgrade or not.
    08-01-09 04:36 PM
    Then change it to WPA-PSK. Match the security settings in the routers so you've ruled out the possibility of it being a security issue. AES vs TKIP won't make a difference. We have macs in our house, but a friend of mine has an older IBM laptop that cannot deal with the security settings on our router, so I have to change it back to open so she can use it. It isn't a problem with the device, it looks like an issue with finding available networks.
    08-01-09 05:02 PM
    Then (guessing) it's a compatibility issue with that firmware/router if you disabled security completely and it still doesn't connect.

if both routers are the same and the only difference is the firmware then it's more likely that's where the problem is. Can't you roll back to the same firmware of the working router?
    08-01-09 05:09 PM
    Update: I tried an open network that is around my house (i know it works, it is provided by my apartment complex) and it will not connect. I am getting that white bar as well when using the open network. The WIFI just wont work. It gives me an IP address, and I can ping the gateway. But when I choose to ping a website, it will not ping (but it will pull the IP address for the ping). I pinged espn.com from my laptop without an issue, but it will not work at all with my phone. Do i need a fresh install of the OS? I installed the official release found at the top of this forum.
    Last edited by madjsp; 08-01-09 at 05:45 PM.
    08-01-09 05:39 PM
    Have you tried disabling DHCP on the phone and trying to give it a static ip address. It might not be releasing your last DHCP address and might be an ip conflict. Just a thought.
    08-01-09 05:51 PM
    I looked at the network diagnostic and when i select advanced view I get a white bar on the "authenticating router" option, so it MUST be a problem within my router. I must have a firewall or something set up that I need to fix. I'll let everyone know what it was once i fix it!
    08-01-09 05:57 PM
    So i changed to WEP on my router and my WIFI was working fine for a while. Now, it just stopped working. When I try to go through the diagnostics it is unable to connect. Is this a problem with the blackberry services and not my wifi?

the IP addressed trying to connect to is //216.9.242.88:443

IP used is 216.9.242.88:51352

As i was typing that out, it connected but it was unable to authenticate router. Does the WEP keys change automatically or something? this is really getting under my skin...

Does it matter that I am using DD-WRT instead of the linksys firmware?
    Last edited by madjsp; 08-06-09 at 09:59 PM.
    08-06-09 09:56 PM
    Can a MOD delete this thread? I figured out all my issues.

/me curses DD-WRT
    08-06-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD