I'm on T-Mobile with the T-Zones data plan, OS upgraded to .206. My problem is that often when I'm connected through WiFi, the web browsers stop loading pages. When this happens, the BB can still ping all web sites, so the wireless router connection and DNS service still work fine. Also, the built-in hotspot browser can still load pages from blackberry.com, which makes me think that it may have something to do with the T-Mobile APN epc.tmobile.com having dropped me and the blackberry one taking over, but since I have not subscribed to any BB services, connectivity is limited. The only way to get out of this state is toggling WiFi off and back on again. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
    Last edited by Ikarus; 06-10-09 at 12:08 PM.
    06-10-09 11:57 AM
    Hmmm... I guess it's unlikely to find someone with the exact same configuration, so let me rephrase my question:

If you're on the T-Zones data plan and don't have that problem, what OS are you running?
    06-10-09 03:16 PM
    Anyone? It's still the same for me with .250. I really hope I won't have to downgrade all the way to .114.
    06-11-09 01:16 AM
    Downgraded to stock .114 and still have the issue. I'm starting to think this is a general issue with t-zones. Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 10:32 AM
    Yes, I am experiencing the same issue. I tried downgrading and upgrading OS versions and still the same issue. I wish someone can help us get this resolved.
    06-11-09 11:06 AM
    You can try another APN server maybe:

internet2.voicestream.com

Really you are skirting the system by using the T-zones plan instead of the Blackberry Data Plan so I think you can expect to have issues like what you are experiencing. You also may have more luck using a 3rd party browser instead of the BB Browser.
    06-11-09 11:34 AM
    I just realized that in the "locked up" state, it's not only the blackberry.com pages that still work in the built-in browser. What I had not realized is that bookmarks come not just with a link, but also with a browser to be used for accessing that link. In the "locked up" state, all bookmarks using the "T-Mobile" browser don't work, but all that use the "Hotspot" browser still do. Another symptom is that when "uma" pops up at the top right when selecting a bookmark or a link, the page won't load, but when there is no "uma", it will.

Aristile, regarding skirting the system. As of now, the phone is back to how it came in the box and the irony is that this particular functionality (being able to access the tZones home page through the built-in browser through WiFi) is clearly within the scope of the T-Zones plan.
    06-11-09 12:26 PM
    Yes, bookmarks store the browser setting to use within them so I think this is the issue you are experiencing. You have to be careful with that. I suggest you read through the WiFi Guide link in my signature and make sure you get that setup correctly.
    06-11-09 12:55 PM
    One observation I would like to add is this seems to be an issue with the 8900. My wife has a 8320 (similar setup) and doesn't experience this issue.
    06-11-09 02:28 PM
    I absolutely hate aristiles signature!!!!!

he is always telling people to look at it!!! grrrrrr

06-11-09 02:39 PM
    I absolutely hate aristiles signature!!!!!

he is always telling people to look at it!!! grrrrrr

LMAO Pop Quiz: Do you hate my signature more than I hate you??
    06-11-09 02:44 PM
    I narrowed it down to this - when it's "locked up" and the current browser is "T-Mobile", it cannot connect anymore unless I toggle WiFi off and back on again.
    06-11-09 02:50 PM
    I suggest you read through the WiFi Guide link in my signature and make sure you get that setup correctly.
    I went through the WiFi guide several times (thanks for writing that!), but I still haven't figured out a setting that "just works", regardless of the presence of a WiFi network. I'm almost at the point where I am ready to keep WiFi disabled permanently (if I can't figure out how to make the convenience key control WiFi).
    06-11-09 02:59 PM
    Quick launch has a toggle WIFI launch button... makes it really easy to operate that feature
    06-11-09 03:07 PM
    I went through the WiFi guide several times (thanks for writing that!), but I still haven't figured out a setting that "just works", regardless of the presence of a WiFi network. I'm almost at the point where I am ready to keep WiFi disabled permanently (if I can't figure out how to make the convenience key control WiFi).
    I cannot take credit for the WiFi Guide. I can say it is awesome and very helpful so I am sure to have a link to it in my signature. bmcclure937 is the one to thank for it!
    06-11-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD