Ok so I have wifi at home, and it usually works on my blackberry, but periodically I'll notice that the wifi icon isn't lit up anymore. I know the first thing you would think would be that it's the wifi connection was just lost for a bit, but my laptop will still work on wifi when my blackberry wifi isn't working. The only way I can get wifi back on my blackberry is for me to turn off the power bar that has the wireless on it and wait a second and then turn it back on, and then the wifi on my blackberry works again. Anybody know why this is happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 08:39 PM
    I'm having the same issue after a battery pull. I'm getting sick of power cycling my router every day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 11:33 PM
    I have my wifi router in the bedroom about 35 feet from me and I'm in the living room. The signal for my laptop is full. But my phone only shows 2 bars at this distance. And if I go into the garage which is behind my head. I lose signal on the phone completely from wifi. Wish it was more powerful.
    09-26-10 11:53 PM
    I'm wondering if this indicates some flakeyness either HW or SW with the WiFi in the 8530 (don't see any 8520 complaints yet).

FWIW, I have a similar but opposite issue which makes me not use the WiFi: if I switch the WiFi on, use it, and then switch it off--I lose my VZW (US) data connexion. Battery-pull fixes this, but it's hardly an ideal solution.

Anyone else ever see this happen with their own 8530?
    09-27-10 12:10 AM
    I'm wondering if this indicates some flakeyness either HW or SW with the WiFi in the 8530 (don't see any 8520 complaints yet).

FWIW, I have a similar but opposite issue which makes me not use the WiFi: if I switch the WiFi on, use it, and then switch it off--I lose my VZW (US) data connexion. Battery-pull fixes this, but it's hardly an ideal solution.

I had to do a battery pull the very first time i used the wi-fi. It wouldn't connect after i put the code in even though it was correct. did a battery pull and automatically connected. i have 2 routers programmed and the phone finds and connects with no problems since. Once I leave the area i manually shut wifi off.
    09-27-10 01:09 AM
    Since I cannot see why I was quoted in the last post, I will attempt to clarify what I said.
    --
    Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
    Network: VZW (US/EV-DO)
    1. Check "Manage Connections" app. "Mobile Network" should be the only active one.
    2. Select "WiFi". Connect to any WiFi network (encrypted OR non-encrypted--this factor makes no difference).
    3. Surf, surf, surf. Download, download, download.
    4. Now go back to "Manage Connections". Turn WiFi connection off.
    5. Watch as Blackberry struggles and fails to use the Mobile Network for data again, like a junkie with its supply cut off.
    6. Grumble in frustration.
    7. Pull battery for "hard reset".
    8. After the usual ten minute reboot, device is back to normal.
    9. Never use WiFi connection again due to the inconvenience.

09-27-10 11:53 PM
    my wifi locks on and stays working on my work wifi network. At home i have the same issue as the OP. it is very frustrating and i have not come across a solution
    09-28-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD