I am unable to log into any wifi networks, home or hotspots. Whenever I try to connect to any network, all i get is "Failed to obtain an IP address". Does anyone else have this issue or anyone know how to fix this? It shouldn't happen as I'm not connecting to any unusual wifi hotspots.
    03-28-10 05:32 PM
    Are these networks open or protected with WEP or MAC filtering? Try doing a scan and then manually adding the network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 07:16 PM
    i have the exact same problem and my networks are not protected with WEP or MAC filtering!
    05-29-10 02:35 AM
    I cant get on at home, but everywhere else is fine. I'm on an AT&T 2 Wire network at home. I enter the WEP key and it's giving me the "Failed to obtain an IP address" Message. I would think it would be my connection at home, because I can get onto the net from starbucks and the library just fine.
    11-03-10 10:11 AM
    You should use wpa2 at home. you're either choosing the wrong encryption type or your password is wrong. those other sites have no encryption so it's easier to get access.
    devilish47 likes this.
    11-06-10 10:42 PM
    I have an AT&T 2 Wire Gateway through my AT&T Uverse service as well and it has difficulty connecting. I rebooted my router this past Friday remotely (through a connected computer on the 2Wire gateway website for my router) and the Wi-Fi connected to my Curve 3G 9330 and my wife's as well. But yesterday (Sunday) I lost my Wi-Fi to my BlackBerry. My computers stay connected fine as well as all my Uverse boxes too (they get an IP because it is IPTV). Sometimes I'll get a failed to get IP address error and sometimes I'll get a failed to reach DCHP server error. I have WPA2/WPA PSK security setup and it will connect to it, it just doesn't keep the connection it would appear. I checked and I'm not restricting my MAC addresses either, so I think it is something with 2wire that loses the connection for some reason. Any thoughts?
    12-06-10 09:27 AM
    Quick update, rebooting my router works every time so far. It seems like every 2-3 days though it won't give my BB an IP Address. Is it AT&T hating on me because my BB is a Sprint BB and not an AT&T one?
    12-10-10 09:50 AM
    You should use wpa2 at home. you're either choosing the wrong encryption type or your password is wrong. those other sites have no encryption so it's easier to get access.
    This right here solved my problem!! Ive been going crazy for hours now. I just bought my Torch yesterday and I couldnt get it to connect to my home wifi unless I disabled the security WPA-PSK [TKIP] ... but when I switched to WPA2 it let me connect.

I am using a Netgear WPN824v3 Wireless router
    12-11-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD