I have periodically messed with setting WiFi up on my S2 but always abandoned it because of issues. I recently decided to give it another go to save data in preparation for Verizons tiered data plans. I am again having issues and am about to give it up for good.

When I turn WiFi on it works just as it should...for about 10 minutes. I know I am using the WiFi connection because the icon is white and I have turned the radio off to double check that I am connected. When I first connect it uses the WiFi with no problem at all. In fact it is noticeably faster than the 3G connection. So I proceed streaming Pandora or FlyCast Radio and after 10-15 minutes it just stops playing. I NEVER have this problem when connected to 3G. If I turn WiFi off and back on it works for another 10-15 minutes then stops again. If I turn the WiFi off completely (and not turn it back on) the 3G picks up the program where the WiFi left off and it runs flawlessly until I decide to shut the program down.

I have tried battery pulls multiple times and have tried on and off for days always getting the same problem. I wanted to make sure it was consistent and not a fluke before posting here. Anyway, I am ready to just give up on WiFi completely. It may not be worth the pain. Any suggestions?
    09-13-10 02:01 PM
    tried reloading the OS?

i suppose it could even be bad hardware. bummer. and good luck.
    09-13-10 02:08 PM
    I had wifi issues on my first S2, though different from what you are describing. Had it replaced under warranty and this one has been flawless. Are you under warranty?
    09-13-10 03:00 PM
    I had wifi issues on my first S2, though different from what you are describing. Had it replaced under warranty and this one has been flawless. Are you under warranty?
    i don't think the s2 has been out 12 months yet, so it would be under warranty.
    09-13-10 03:23 PM
    Yes I'm under warranty. I have exchanged the phone once for the multi click issue and the old phone had wifi issues too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I'll go in and talk to the store. They always treat me pretty good. Anyone else with suggestions. I really don't want to reload the Os. What a pain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 03:24 PM
    i don't think the s2 has been out 12 months yet, so it would be under warranty.
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean he purchased it in a way that includes a warranty.
    09-13-10 03:48 PM
    Do you have another wifi source you can connect to just to ensure that it isn't something unrelated to the BB device?

Some common things that could cause WIFI disruptions (outside of the BB itself) are interference from other wifi networks in your immediate area. Make sure your SSID is unique to all others broadcasting near you, and possibly switch your channel from the default (6) to 1 or 11 on the router.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 09-15-10 at 02:26 PM.
    09-15-10 02:23 PM
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean he purchased it in a way that includes a warranty.
    why did u write THAT, 20+ minutes after the OP said it's under warranty??
    09-15-10 02:59 PM
    Not sure what the forum clock says but those posts were much closer than that as I recall.

Pete, that is a solid suggestion. I will see about finding another source to test it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 07:53 PM
    I had the same issue with a new Cisco access point, but found out that the particular model I had "didn't support" Blackberry WiFi.

Exchanged for a D-Link and still had major problems...would stay connected, but was dreadfully slow. Saw a post (I think on this board) that suggested turning off any "multimedia" enhancements usually found in the WAPs advanced settings. I turned that off, and now it works very well.

Good luck.
    David
    09-16-10 01:58 PM
    I found a specific problem with two Cisco/Linksys Wireless Access Points. The WAP200 and the WAP2000. I eventually traced the problem to the WAPs not properly transmitting MAC address broadcasts. Essentially the WAP loses track of the S2's hardware address. I posted the problem on Cisco's user forum but no help yet.

I did find that their older and cheaper WAP54G worked with no problem.

What WAP or wireless router are you using?
    09-16-10 04:09 PM
    why did u write THAT, 20+ minutes after the OP said it's under warranty??
    Because you questioned why I asked about the warranty. I was only pointing out that not all S2's are under warranty becasue it has been out for less than 12 months.
    09-17-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD