Hey guys

I downloaded 7.1 and when I try to enable hotspot I get the error "Cannot start Mobile Hotspot due to a temporary network problem. Please try again later."

Anyone know why?

I'm on Rogers.
    11-26-11 02:47 PM
    same issue here, please if someone got it to work post correct apn settings..
    thanks
    9900 on Rogers
    11-26-11 04:31 PM
    Works fine for me.

APN settings should be:
    apn: internet.com
    username:wapuser1
    pw: wap
    11-26-11 05:14 PM
    Are you located in Toronto with Rogers?

I see other people w/ the same problem. I've done a hard and soft reset, along with a clean install. None of these options helped.
    11-26-11 05:16 PM
    I am in Edmonton.
    You need to put those settings into the TCP IP settings in Options...
    11-26-11 05:41 PM
    Still getting the same error using those settings =(
    11-26-11 05:42 PM
    You need the service books, too, I think.

I just checked mine and I have:
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP transport [wptcp]
    W-FI TCP/IP browser [browserconfig]
    direct tcp transport [wptcp]

Have you tried re-registering with the host routing table after installing 7.1 to ensure you have these service books? I don't recall having them in 7.0 and I know that after installing 7.1 and going on mobile network for the first time, I got the typical 2 emails saying my handset has been registered to the operator's network (from bb) and a second email from rogers saying my handset has been identified with that welcome msg
    11-26-11 05:46 PM
    How do you re-register my host routing table?
    11-26-11 05:53 PM
    go to options, start typing in the word "host routing table" and the option should pop up, then on the first bolded entry you see hit the blackberry button and do the register now or whatever the action is.
    11-26-11 05:54 PM
    You need the service books, too, I think.

I just checked mine and I have:
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP transport [wptcp]
    W-FI TCP/IP browser [browserconfig]
    direct tcp transport [wptcp]

Have you tried re-registering with the host routing table after installing 7.1 to ensure you have these service books? I don't recall having them in 7.0 and I know that after installing 7.1 and going on mobile network for the first time, I got the typical 2 emails saying my handset has been registered to the operator's network (from bb) and a second email from rogers saying my handset has been identified with that welcome msg
    Interesting i have al if them except for the direct tcp transport. I tried registering again with the host routing table and resending them from my provider's website but i still dont have it and I'm still getting the error message. Not sure if its related to that specific service book but it sure seems like it might something to do.
    11-26-11 05:56 PM
    i tried everything u said and i have all the service book u mentionned, and still got the error msg, may be because my bb already connected to my home wifi router.
    anyone from montreal with rogers got it working ?
    thx
    11-26-11 08:23 PM
    Telus told me that their service books for this pushed depend on type of plan you have and it should be enabled either using online customer care system or by contacting them. All Telus BIS plans comes with free tethering included.

May be you guys either don't have the tethering in your plan or it is not enabled yet in your Rogers account?
    11-26-11 08:50 PM
    I don't have Direct TCP Transport either.

I don't suppose you could make a backup of just your service books and then fly the file over to me so I can take it apart ?

DM
    11-26-11 09:03 PM
    I have Direct TCP Transport but I still have the error msg.
    11-26-11 09:03 PM
    Well there goes that idea then lol

Are you BES/BESX connected - or is anyone here ?
    11-26-11 09:07 PM
    Did any of you with these problem check if your account has tethering enabled?
    11-26-11 09:30 PM
    mine works excellent i get speeds up to 14 mbps on my ipad 2
    rogers toronto
    i have the LTE BIS share 6gb
    NO apn settings required.
    11-26-11 09:45 PM
    some of us found if you use a username and password in your apn it allows you to connect. One person in particular reported it worked at first for a while then he got the error message. He then took the username and password off and it functioned again. A few hrs later he got the message again, he then put the username and password back on and it worked again.
    11-26-11 10:47 PM
    Is anyone here using the mobile hotspot with a 500meg plan?

I'm guessing maybe the people on Rogers without a plan of at least 1gig are the ones having the problem?
    jinxednuance likes this.
    11-27-11 03:35 AM
    Perhaps you need to have tethering enabled? I am on the 500mb data plan and I know tethering is not enabled. I am assuming that's why it wouldn't work.
    11-27-11 06:36 AM
    i use 6GIG that true 500MEG NO tethering allowed !
    mine i have changed my name and pass and still working perfect 6 gb lte bis
    11-27-11 06:38 AM
    Perhaps you need to have tethering enabled? I am on the 500mb data plan and I know tethering is not enabled. I am assuming that's why it wouldn't work.
    Did you have to pay extra to have tethering enabled?
    11-27-11 12:11 PM
    Did you have to pay extra to have tethering enabled?
    he didn t say if it s working for him yet!!!

i have the 500mg plan and i think that s why it s not working for me, as they say no tethering comes with the 500mg plan unless otherwise.
    11-27-11 12:28 PM
    I have a plan with no tethering and hotspot won't start
    11-27-11 01:11 PM
    Is there a "tethering service book"? I don't know how rogers could tell if you tethered using bluetooth before.

I am pretty sure I have tethering, but I never called in and asked for it. I'm almost certain its not related to tethering, its service books.

Here are the relevant books I got:
    Blackberry Internet Browsing Service [BrowserConfig]
    Blaclberry Internet Browisng Service 2 [BrowserConfig]
    TCP for BIBS [WPTCP]
    IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
    Provisioning [PROVISIoNING]
    BBFS1 [BBIM]
    BBFS2 [BBIMConfig]
    LBS QC Prod All 60001 [LBSConfig] (what is this one?)
    Provisioning [OTASL]
    BBFS2 [YHO]
    Direct TCP Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
    Wi-FI TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    11-27-11 03:31 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD