Ok, so, like the title says, I have a brand new Bold 9780 that I am waiting for my dealer line to be activated, and so I had assumed my wifi would still work.. But that didnt work until i did an update to .359 last night. ut i still cant seem to be able to use email, blackberry messenger, facebook app... Any ideas? Any way to get this working??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 05:05 PM
    Any way to get this working??
    Yup... get a data plan.
    12-19-10 05:23 PM
    Yup... get a data plan.
    Lol. Thanks wiseguy, that is obviously the idea here, I am hindered by the fact that I am waiting for my dealer line to be activated, my T-mobile rep says this can take up to 3 weeks.. So I was hoping to be able to use the wifi in place of a data plan in the meantime. I thought I had explained all of this in my original post, but I guess maybe I didn't..

12-19-10 05:29 PM
    You asked how to get email, BBM and facebook working... and I told you.

Without a data plan none of those will work, even over wifi.
    12-19-10 05:31 PM
    You just have to WAIT until it's activated by the carrier.

Nothing else you can do.
    12-19-10 06:28 PM
    Ok, so, like the title says, I have a brand new Bold 9780 that I am waiting for my dealer line to be activated, and so I had assumed my wifi would still work.. But that didnt work until i did an update to .359 last night. ut i still cant seem to be able to use email, blackberry messenger, facebook app... Any ideas? Any way to get this working??

Depending on your email account, download their BB app if possible. I know Gmail does this.
    BBM you must have a data plan
    Facebook you must use the webbase version only.
    12-19-10 09:04 PM
    uhhh, not to change the subject, but what is a "dealer line" ???

asking because I really don't know...
    12-20-10 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD