hi everybody, I'm pretty new here and i've just recently started reading because i've been having a wifi issue with my blackberry bold.

I have done a lot of reading about getting the white dash and the wifi symbol being "greyed out" both of which i am experiencing right now.

I have a plan with rogers and currently have a 6 gig data plan in Canada. I do quite a bit of travel to the US and when I'm there I turn the data off and use wifi if possible. This is the first time that I've run into this problem of getting the white dash in my last 5 trips to the US so I'm not sure what I am doing differently this time.

The router where I am located is a Verison router that uses WEP security. When I log on with my blackberry it gives "connection successful" but then I get that dreaded white dash and not a green check mark.

I was wondering if anybody had any additional tips to give me to try to get this working. I was thinking about turning on my data just for a minute and then switching it off again to get things going. Do you think this would work? I don't want all my emails to start streaming in and me end up getting billed a fortune so I was a bit worried about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot.

Geoff
    03-12-10 07:10 PM
    Yes, sometimes disabling (even temporarily) the mobile connection on your BlackBerry will let the WiFi radio take over. WiFi should supercede mobile connection when both are enabled and you're properly authenticated with the WLAN network.

Another "fix" that sometimes works for me is to have WiFi on, then open the BB Browser and hit a couple of sites, then close the browser and see if that gets you connected. I hope one of these works for you... good luck!
    03-12-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD