okay so I have been looking through this forum and nobody has directly answered my question, I just got this phone today and I have been known to jack up a hefty phone bill so my question is:

If i am connected to the wifi in my house on my phone, does this charge to my data plan or is it completely free? because i can still send txts and everything while on wifi because on the home screen it says ROGERS- MY INTERNET NAME and it says UMA with the wifi symbol lit up and some other like antenna symbol so if this free or will it cost me data?

I also have like 500mb of data or something just wondering if this was alot?

thank you so much i just dont want my parents to totally kill me if the wifi is not free! thanks
    02-10-10 01:28 AM
    I believe browsing the web, downloading apps, etc is free while on WiFi but sending texts and making calls still counts toward your monthly plan's allotted minutes or texts. 500 MB isn't a huge amount by any means.

Below is a link to the Canadian carrier Rogers's website. It is a calculator of a sort that will show you about how much data is what. Pretty neat.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...l=wrlsDataCalc
    02-10-10 03:37 AM
    With certain companies like Sprint the wifi is great for downloading and surfing & is much faster. I even had a guy @ work comment on how much faster my bb is than his. For other carriers like T-Mobile they can use their wifi for making calls. I'm not that familiar with your carrier and suggest you check with them.
    02-10-10 04:30 AM
    I believe browsing the web, downloading apps, etc is free while on WiFi but sending texts and making calls still counts toward your monthly plan's allotted minutes or texts. 500 MB isn't a huge amount by any means.

Below is a link to the Canadian carrier Rogers's website. It is a calculator of a sort that will show you about how much data is what. Pretty neat.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...l=wrlsDataCalc
    Thank you that was pretty cool finding out how much stuff i can send and everything, I hope its free haha well i guess i will find out when my monthly bill comes:P but thank you for all your help
    02-10-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD