i have the grey wifi icon showing up.... this is on a phone that has previously had wifi working (white) and yesterday it went grey. i am connected to the wireless router on this laptop that im using so i know the wireless and the internet are working... i have re-sent the service books and gotten a registration confirmation email back... any thoughts as to why it stopped working?

thanks!
    10-06-10 07:53 PM
    I take it your not on a 9530 like your profile says?

Occasionally when I have wifi trouble, I complete remove the wifi profile, then set it back up again. You could also try a battery pull (just to make sure your phone is fresh). Also, I have found different OS versions acquire wifi profiles differently, at different speeds, and some have been great and some have sucked. Just my experience
    10-06-10 08:13 PM
    thanks....i'll try removing the wifi profile...and yes, im on a 9550. i'm on 713 and have been using wifi...just recently i noticed it went grey. i'll post back when i try re-doing the profile.
    h
    10-06-10 08:41 PM
    Also try resetting the router by unplugging it for 15 seconds. In some cases, that can help. For example, my laptop was able to connect to the router no problem, but my fianc's couldn't. Rebooting the router fixed it with no problem.

Now, you should also be aware that the white wifi connection might not show until it actually starts sending/receiving data. Also try simply using the browser and see if it pops up then.

I hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 10:03 PM
    it appears that mechanic joe was spot on... i deleted the wifi profile, and after 15 minutes of trying to find the WEP password for my network, i reconnected to the network and was back in business... thanks for the help!
    10-06-10 10:17 PM
    it appears that mechanic joe was spot on... i deleted the wifi profile, and after 15 minutes of trying to find the WEP password for my network, i reconnected to the network and was back in business... thanks for the help!
    No problem, glad to help
    10-06-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD