I did a search but did not come up with anything for my problem. My WiFi comes on for a few and then goes out. The only way it will stay on so I can use UMA is to have it connected to power, either by computer or wall plug. When there is power it will connect and go into UMA mode. Can someone tell me if they had the same probem and the fix. By the way it just started 5 days ago.
    Thanks
    07-03-10 02:48 AM
    Interesting way of getting more range on your device... but it all has to do with your equipment (which you did not mention what it is that you have)... I doubt it's your phone... and more importantly the proximity to that equipment (how far away from the wireless router are you)... give us more information.

My wireless router is 10 feet away from me right now... and it's a LinkSys router using a LinkSys Cable modem, both excellent and very reliable pieces of equipment... plus of course there is the cable company, which has to be up and running in order to use any of this equipment in my house.
    07-03-10 09:29 AM
    sometimes mine does that and I use a Linksys and I just have to reboot it and its fine
    07-03-10 09:41 AM
    sometimes mine does that and I use a Linksys and I just have to reboot it and its fine
    You are talking about rebooting the wireless router, correct???
    07-03-10 09:43 AM
    exactly, reboot the router
    07-03-10 09:54 AM
    Well I have a Tmobile Dlink router and at work we have a linksys. Cable provider in both is Cox, I have rebooted both and my wife has a 9700 also and she never looses wifi or uma connection. I did call Tmobile and wipe my phone 3 times and still the same results. I even loaded a different firm ware version and still the same results.
    07-03-10 03:22 PM
    How many different wi-fi netwoks do you have saved to your phone? Have you tried deleting unused networks and moving your home router to the top of the list?

When I had UMA issues I had to change the channel of my router in the router settings because there was interference in signal from near by routers. Once I did that everything cleared up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 03:33 PM
    It could be a hardware problem with the phone... does happen... it would be good to test this on a couple other wireless routers even though it works with your wife's 9700.
    07-03-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD