And these issues are precisely why I don't miss being an early adopter! Hopefully they get it worked out soon.
    10-29-09 04:32 PM
    Turn you mobile data off and leave your WiFi on. Now send an email or a BBM to someone. Grey means you are not connected to your blackberry services.

This is a BS answer to get you off of the phone. I currently have a trouble ticket running with RIM on this issue. They have called me back a couple of times to gather information so I know that they are working on the issue. If it was that simple RIM would have said so and they would be wasting time trying to figure the issue out.
    I agree 110%....well please let me know what you find out.....
    10-29-09 04:41 PM
    Ok friends with wi-fi headaches. I have no idea if registering or creating a new BIS account solves the problem because every time I try to enter my pin and meid it says it cannot be done from a html browser. I am trying this from my Storm2 with the browser identification set to BB not Firefox. Any suggestions on this are greatly welcomed ESPECIALLY IF IT LEADS TO SOLVING MY WI-FI ISSUES!!!!!!
    10-29-09 04:43 PM
    I agree 110%....well please let me know what you find out.....
    I will let the whole community know. But my wife will know first.
    10-29-09 04:44 PM
    Ok friends with wi-fi headaches. I have no idea if registering or creating a new BIS account solves the problem because every time I try to enter my pin and meid it says it cannot be done from a html browser. I am trying this from my Storm2 with the browser identification set to BB not Firefox. Any suggestions on this are greatly welcomed ESPECIALLY IF IT LEADS TO SOLVING MY WI-FI ISSUES!!!!!!
    I did it from google chrome on my PC with no issues, but it didn't fix anything. Those that were asking about wiping the device, that has no affect on it either. Been there, done that. Wiped the device re-registered everything and still no dice.
    10-29-09 04:46 PM
    Needs to be done from your computer, not the BB.
    10-29-09 05:13 PM
    I know this doc refers to the 8820, but maybe it can shed some light?

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/ataglan..._Via_Wi-Fi.pdf
    10-29-09 05:23 PM
    does anyone know the equivilent of this page for UK/Vodafone?
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    10-29-09 05:27 PM
    Hope this gets fixed soon
    10-29-09 05:28 PM
    I have a verizon rep, currently with a storm2 trying to duplicate the problem on his end.... cross your fingers

UPDATE: I have now been on hold for 10 minutes. Hopefully this guy has some good news. He claims he comes to this site all the time for answers to help people that call. I told him that he wouldn't be finding the answer to this one on here, and it was time to show why he earns the big bucks.

UPDATE 2: The gentlemen encountered the same problem that we all are having. He informed me that "supposedly" there is an update being released by blackberry desktop manager in NOVEMBER?!? His advice was to wait and see?!? Wow... just wow....After voicing my frustration he has decided to pass this off to RIM and call me back. I sent him the diagnostic report and got a claim ticket number... I'll keep you all posted if I get this fixed anytime soon.... November! lol
    Last edited by rocky271; 10-29-09 at 05:46 PM.
    10-29-09 05:37 PM
    I don't even have an IP address now...this s*** is getting me frustrated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 05:51 PM
    I still dont know which MEID to put in the "hex" or "dec" both are under my status...

EDIT: i tried both, and still the logo stays gray....
    I did the same. My logo remains grey but when I shut off verizon network connection the Browser works fine! WiFi Status says connected and strong signal. Logo remains grey....
    10-29-09 05:52 PM
    Yep ... count me in on the problematic grey wifi logo ...

But look here!! Verizon had no problem pushing a brand new icon to hide on our devices
    10-29-09 06:08 PM
    I did the same. My logo remains grey but when I shut off verizon network connection the Browser works fine! WiFi Status says connected and strong signal. Logo remains grey....
    Same here - strong signal, works fine, but gray logo...it even says the network name above the clock.
    10-29-09 06:15 PM
    I didn't read all the posts, so if this has been said please ignore. When I got my phone set up in the store, the guy asked me for my BIS email address and I couldn't remember it, so he gave me the email address of [email protected] and told me to enter the subject as my cell number. Well I got home and forgot to do that. Just went to BIS, logged in and did a device switch. (Actually it just prompted me, I just had to say yes) and I'm good. I'm still grey, but wifi works and my emails are flying in. Good Luck with yours.
    10-29-09 06:22 PM
    Wifi works on mine but the icon is grey. It shows my wireless network at the top and I'm able to browse websites when my mobile network is shut off. Just not able to send or receive emails or use bbm.
    10-29-09 06:25 PM
    I didn't read all the posts, so if this has been said please ignore. When I got my phone set up in the store, the guy asked me for my BIS email address and I couldn't remember it, so he gave me the email address of [email protected] and told me to enter the subject as my cell number. Well I got home and forgot to do that. Just went to BIS, logged in and did a device switch. (Actually it just prompted me, I just had to say yes) and I'm good. I'm still grey, but wifi works and my emails are flying in. Good Luck with yours.
    Turn your mobile data connection off and see if your emails are still flyin in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:28 PM
    i jus went through the bis website also and did the change device thing and no dice i just truned my radio off and wifi on and i cant send/recieve emails or bbm
    10-29-09 06:36 PM
    confirmed.

can you post the walkthru for doing this on your device?
    So what I did after i realized they hadnt updated my BIS in the store, however i was recieving emails, I went to email set up, then it asked me for my BIS log in information, once i did this it then updated my settings to my phone and i was good to go.

I get a white wifi icon from my home network, and to be sure it was working I went to our coffee shop with WIFI and jumped on thier internet with no problem, and I was able to get a white WIFI icon and it shows the network name above the clock. I was using messenger and receiving mail during this time as well.

One thing I did notice is that when I connect it turns grey for a short period of time then turns white.
    10-29-09 06:56 PM
    If WiFi is just connecting to any wireless, then what do Blacberry servers or services have to do with it?

I would think that you should be able to pick up a Storm 2 without ever activating it and use the wifi with no issues.

Guess I am missing something here.
    10-29-09 07:34 PM
    Should we be registering with the IMEI or MEID? If MEID, dec or hex???
    10-29-09 07:49 PM
    Should we be registering with the IMEI or MEID? If MEID, dec or hex???
    i asked the same question, i was told enter both pin and MEID HEX. but it still did not fix the prob...
    10-29-09 07:59 PM
    Itried this and no luck either.
    10-29-09 08:01 PM
    Well just tried all 3. IMEI and both MEID 's did not solve it. So i went back and registered it with the ESN that was on my receipt, which happens to be the MEID (hex)
    10-29-09 08:05 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the wifi logo. I updated my phone with BIS and all my emails started coming thru. My wifi connects and I can turn my Verizon connection off and can surf the web just fine, but logo still greyed out. Emails and BBM do NOT work over wifi. I can't enter my MEID in anywhere either. Other than that, I love this phone!
    10-29-09 08:33 PM
254 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD