You have to do a device switch if you had a blackberry previously.

I called a vzw tech support and he asked for my pin. he told me that pin wasn't registered on their network and he added it. As soon as he added it and resend the service books. the wifi symbol turned white.

YES!!

EDIT: From reading the responses, my tech support guy must have entered my pin in the BES system. Causing my wifi to work fully on the 29.99 BIS plan. As of this morning I believe they have resolved the issue. For those who switched to the more expensive plan, you can switch back.

When WIFI is working correctly the wifi icon, located under your mobile network icon, should be bright white and your wifi network name should be displayed. When working email, browser, blackberry messenger etc. should work via wifi. if not you have another issue.

when WIFI is limited the wifi icon is grey and your wifi network name is displayed. Only browser and a few apps will use wifi in this state

When Wifi isn't connected to a network but turned on. the wifi icon is grey and NO wifi network name is displayed.
    Last edited by cat5shotta; 10-30-09 at 05:05 PM.
    10-29-09 02:02 PM
    Anyone else try this and confirm that it works for the people with the problem of grey wifi logo.
    10-29-09 02:15 PM
    go to BlackBerry Internet Service log on with your email setup credentials
    go to the device switch option, enter your new pin /meid and click save.

wifi fully working.
    10-29-09 02:15 PM
    Anyone else try this and confirm that it works for the people with the problem of grey wifi logo.
    i was a person with the grey wifi logo problem.
    10-29-09 02:16 PM
    thanks man was waiting on buying one of these untill this problem was fixed
    10-29-09 02:22 PM
    I love the phone now. This is what the s1 should have been
    10-29-09 02:23 PM
    My VZW rep changed the device PIN for me in the store. Otherwise I wouldnt have been receiving my emails and such. Stiill have a grey WiFi logo.
    10-29-09 02:25 PM

wifi fully working.
    should i enter in both my pin and meid?
    also which meid should i enter the "hex" or "dec"?

thanks!
    10-29-09 02:25 PM
    I went to blackberry.com/go/vzw via my S2 and set up my account, etc, and now the logo turns white, w00t!
    10-29-09 02:29 PM

thanks!
    go to your status under options it will tell you your pin and meid , which is all you need

wifi fully working.
    thanks for this ! finially got it working !
    I did the device switch. Logged into my bis account and changed the pin numbers. Resent my service books and still nothing. I am on the phone with blackberry tech support from Verizon tech support now. The first thing that they wanted to blame it on was my home network setup. I an typing this message right now in the hot spot browser with my wireless data signal turned off so obviously data is getting through my router and modem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As soon as I registered my new PIN with the BIS it worked fine for me as well. I did this last night, and when i left the store I was receiving emails, however, my WIFI would work until I registered my PIN by logging into BIS with my device to update it.
    10-29-09 02:30 PM
    My VZW rep changed the device PIN for me in the store. Otherwise I wouldnt have been receiving my emails and such. Stiill have a grey WiFi logo.
    i had emails coming to me prior to fixing the problem. but the rep on the phone said he didn't know how i was even receiving because he didn't see my pin in the system. Call tech support and ask them if they see your pin in the system.
    10-29-09 02:31 PM
    go to your status under options it will tell you your pin and meid , which is all you need
    I still dont know which MEID to put in the "hex" or "dec" both are under my status...

EDIT: i tried both, and still the logo stays gray....
    Last edited by chriscook.sv; 10-29-09 at 02:41 PM.
    10-29-09 02:32 PM
    As soon as I registered my new PIN with the BIS it worked fine for me as well. I did this last night, and when i left the store I was receiving emails, however, my WIFI would work until I registered my PIN by logging into BIS with my device to update it.
    confirmed.

can you post the walkthru for doing this on your device?
    10-29-09 02:33 PM

thanks!
    HEX. Enter both.
    10-29-09 02:33 PM
    I've also went in and switched mine to no avail....
    10-29-09 02:36 PM
    can anyone else confirm that this works?
    10-29-09 02:51 PM
    It doesn't look like it worked for me.
    10-29-09 02:52 PM
    can anyone else confirm that this works?
    I am trying it on my wife's phone right now. It is rebooting. I am still on the horn with Blackberry support that Verizon transferred me to while he is checking things for my phone.
    10-29-09 02:53 PM
    Is this only for BES? Rep just told me that it didn't work on BIS...
    10-29-09 02:55 PM
    Didn't work on my wife's phone.
    10-29-09 02:56 PM
    Is this only for BES? Rep just told me that it didn't work on BIS...
    i have bis and it's working.
    Just tried this and my new PIN was already set up. I added my MEID for the **** of it with no luck. Still a gray WiFi symbol. I'm on BIS.
    i have bis and it's working.
    Figured as much....must have got a rep at lunch time or something....i'll give it another go.
    10-29-09 02:57 PM
254 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD